News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Yeah it's more like a puzzle, but as you unlock possible tile developments during your games (by achievements) the number of possible combinations grow significantly, so it is far from easy to über optimise your game. Plus there are factors like the special projects for villages: you cannot know in advance which ones of these will be started, and the bonuses these give can change the characteristics of the village.

All in all I quite enjoy it. It is not more a puzzle than simcity was as I recall, or Tropico. Well worth the 9 euros.

Scipio

I'm enjoying Don't Starve, although the palate is a little bleak.  It's a nice sandbox survival game.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2013, 05:13:16 AM
The Spaghetti Western fan in my appreciates this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UJ_d-C5UsLo

It looks like the Old West as envisioned by Games Workshop.  All it lacks is Orks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Scipio on May 18, 2013, 03:43:10 PM
I'm enjoying Don't Starve, although the palate is a little bleak.  It's a nice sandbox survival game.

I've heard nothing but good about that and am looking forward to the Steam summer sale for it, in particular.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Interesting trailer for a SWAT strategy game, "Doorkickers":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mjQY4vp7ubk

QuoteQuick Points:
2D, top down graphics
Real Time with Free Pause
No DRM
PC oriented, with handhelds and Mac / Linux as later developments
Single Player (but MP might come later)
No turns, no hexes, no action points or awkward interfaces
Non-linear levels, freeform gameplay
Mission editor and modability
Unlimited gameplay via mission and campaign generators

http://inthekillhouse.com/doorkickers/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on May 18, 2013, 03:43:10 PM

I like it too. It ain't easy tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Angry Video Game Nerd reviews the Toxic Avenger Gameboy/Genesis/NES games tgether with Lloyd Kaufman, creator of the Toxic Avenger:

http://cinemassacre.com/2013/04/30/avgn-toxic-crusaders/

:bleeding: / :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Sometimes a game ad on Steam just makes your brain come to a screeching halt and go, "Back up a bit, did I really read what I think I just read?"

FIST-PUNCHER: Pre-Order now to receive the Robot Unicorn DLC.

QuoteAbout the Game
Return to the glory days of sidescrolling beat-em-ups, courtesy of developers Team2Bit and Adult Swim Games.

The sinister Milkman holds the city of Las Cruces in his nasty criminal grip, and it's up to legendary black belt neurosurgeon Dr. Karate and the rest of the Fist Puncher team to deliver old-school justice to the lawless streets.

Key Features
15 playable characters, including Dr. Karate and Steroid Jackson
Assign "RPG-lite" skill points to level up your crew as you play
Each fighter has a unique set of moves and perks to unlock
50 levels of mayhem
Packed with collectibles, Easter Eggs, and secrets
99 achievement trading cards to find
2-4 players simultaneous local co-op action

PRE-ORDER TO PLAY AS ROBOT UNICORN

Minigame (Flash): http://games.adultswim.com/fist-puncher-streets-of-outrage-action-online-game.html
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

If you like old Genesis games like Sonic or Strider, then you might like this free flash game:

http://www.rippledotzero.com/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I thought on the weekend that there's damn few sports action games on PC compared to consoles, and today, rather out of left field, Steam puts up Rugby Challenge 2 and NASCAR 2013. Talk about niche.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Shadowrun Returns sneaked up on me. Anyone buy it and have any impressions so far?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 25, 2013, 09:47:41 PM
Shadowrun Returns sneaked up on me. Anyone buy it and have any impressions so far?

Scippy was all gaga for it, but not sure he picked it up yet.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2013, 11:58:55 AM
A love letter to Commandos 2, and especially the "White Death" level:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/11/perpetually-cool-white-death/
01.png[/img]

Ah Commandos, why oh why did you dissapear into FPS shitness. I loved those games, wonderful puzzles disguised as small scale strategy games. It was always my way to wipe out every single German.........

Incidentally how are WW2 games for those from the wrong side?....
██████
██████
██████