News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

No single player DLC for Tomb Raider. Which is a bit . . . baffling to say the least.
http://www.destructoid.com/no-plans-for-single-player-tomb-raider-dlc-249158.phtml

Quote"There are currently no plans in place for any Single Player expansions," said Stewart in a Reddit AMA. "All of our DLC is based around the Multiplayer experience for now."

Still, the latest patches have drastically improved performance on my nVidia card so I can play on ultimate quality setting without frame rate drops.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DLC-APOSGTOH/graviteam-tactics-operation-hooper

QuoteGraviteam Tactics: Operation Hooper
Rating: 5 (3 votes cast)

Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star.
DLC: Operation Hooper (March 2013)

1) New battle area - Angola, Cuito-Cuanavale district, 10 x 12 km.
2) Three new operations (February 1988) SADF, UNITA  and Angolan army (FAPLA) with Cuban volonteers.
3) New weapons and vehicles made in USSR and SAR.

------------------------------------
1. INSTALL

1) Run update utility (click to game version in main menu or update.cmd).
2) In the window that appears, click "Install" button and select update file.
3) Wait for the installation.
4) Click "Save and Play" button.

2. DEPENDENCES

1) Game core update v5.81.
2) Game update March 2013.

:hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

GoG now has Strike Commander, from the team of the original Wing Commander.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/strike_commander

QuoteWhat's cool about it:
Strike Commander includes the original game, Strike Commander: Tactical Operations, and the expanded Speech Pack.
Features Gauntlet mode: wave after wave of enemies.See how long you can survive!
A powerful and gripping story set in an alternative future that didn't turn out quite as expected.

Overview:
Twenty-two years after the fall of the Soviet Union, the world has become embroiled in a series of conflicts centered around an ever-dwindling resource: oil. Mankind's hopes for world peace lie battered and broken. Take command of Stern's Wildcats, an elite squadron of mercs trying to fly straight in a world of deceit and violence. Engage rival merc squadrons, third world dictators, and the armies of the dreaded IRS. In a world gone mad, there's plenty of room to fly, all that's required is the cash.

Strike Commander puts you in the best place to witness fast-paced dogfighting action: the pilot's seat. Fly high as you take on over 60 missions, each more challenging than the last in your top-of the-line F16 squadron piloted by the best crew in the business (operational success rate of 86%). Strike Commander is a classic flight combat sim where a pilot is only as good as his, or her, last flight. Fly to survive and survive to fly, in this modern-day action-oriented jet fighter combat simulation!

22 years after the fall of the USSR? That's TODAY!  :o
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

I thought I remember Strike Commander being an enormous turkey.

Queequeg

Holy shit.  Favorite game of my childhood.  Blast from the past, that.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Kleves

Telltale says they're making Poker Night 2, featuring Claptrap from Borderlands, Brock Samson from The Venture Bros., Sam from Sam & Max, Ash from Evil Dead, and GlaDOS as dealer.

April Fools joke? I'll let you decide: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/01/telltale-games-poker-night-2-announced
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Nifty.  Of course, I'm already stoked for the new Venture brothers season this spring.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Beat Deus Ex: Human revolution.  I was kinda disappointed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 30, 2013, 11:42:55 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2013, 05:00:58 PM
Hey Syt, just got email this morning about pre-ordering OOTP 14.
Have you heard what they are improving/changing from 13?

I skipped 13 but pre-ordered 14.
Feature list is here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0109/

I have enjoyed 13 and with today's release of 14 think i'm gonna buy it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

A neat feature is that you can plop all historical uniforms/logos into the data folders now, and the game will pick the right ones, depending on the year (files will require year range at the end; there's already files pre-configured in the mods sections of the forums).
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on April 15, 2013, 02:30:26 PM
A neat feature is that you can plop all historical uniforms/logos into the data folders now, and the game will pick the right ones, depending on the year (files will require year range at the end; there's already files pre-configured in the mods sections of the forums).

Yeah that is one of the features i like as been stealing spreadsheets and making my own in regards to Uniforms, Nicknames and stadiums  :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son