News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I could have bought Homefront. Not that I would have wanted it. What a stupid game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Poor Patrice Desilet, back into the Ubisoft fold.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2013, 04:06:25 PM
I could have bought Homefront. Not that I would have wanted it. What a stupid game.

I bought for five bucks, and got bored of it in about five minutes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Vigil will be shut down, it seems. Shame, really, Darksiders was a fun game - not great, but good fun while it lasted. Darksiders 2 was still good, though I think they overstretched the experience a bit. Still, would have liked the franchise to continue in some form.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Hey Syt, just got email this morning about pre-ordering OOTP 14.
Have you heard what they are improving/changing from 13?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2013, 05:00:58 PM

Yes, it has the list in the email.  :huh:

Or you could look here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-14-general-discussions/227714-pre-order-ootp-14-now-feature-list-inside.html

Their feature lists are usually work in progress, but the big changes are normally already in there. The changes are in most cases evolutionary, not revolutionary. Which is why some people only buy every other year. Me, I don't mind giving the crazy North German an annual fee so they keep working on this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Lol, no i know what they listed.
My question was the evolution or revolution that you answered :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Ok. :)

One thing to keep in mind - you can only import leagues into the next version of the game. So if you have a long running game (and some on their forums have games that run for years in real life), you couldn't import 13=>15, but only 13=>14=>15.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Chivalry (think Battlefield in the middle ages) has a free Steam weekend.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Ulm over at Paradox is doing his funny AAR on March of the Eagles. And once again I fail to see how this is not EU3 on Victoria 2's Europe map. Russia joining France in beating up Prussia. UK steamrolling Denmark. Austria warring Ottomans, Russians joining in.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2013, 05:00:58 PM

I skipped 13 but pre-ordered 14.
Feature list is here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0109/
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 10:45:50 AM
Ulm over at Paradox is doing his funny AAR on March of the Eagles. And once again I fail to see how this is not EU3 on Victoria 2's Europe map. Russia joining France in beating up Prussia. UK steamrolling Denmark. Austria warring Ottomans, Russians joining in.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds more like risk with nice graphics.

Syt

AGEOD has released a stand-alone follow up for Alea Jacta Est, Birth of Rome:

http://www.ageod.com/eu/45-birth-of-rome.html

QuoteBIRTH OF ROME is the first of many games of the ALEA JACTA EST series, that the AJE team is preparing and that should cover ultimately all the Roman era. In BOR, you can simulate the following wars:

-           The 3rd Samnite War opposing Rome and the Etruscan and Samnites tribes between 298 and 291 BC, that will bring Roman control of central Italy.
-           The Senones War (284 to 282 BC), a violent Gallic tribe in Northern Italy at war against Rome. Victory against those powerful Celtic warriors allows the Romans to take their revenge against those who plundered Rome en 390 BC.
-           Pyrrhic Victories (280 BC to 272 BC) where the Senate of Rome finally manages to capture Tarentum and southern Italy after having repulsed one of the greatest ancient warrior king, Pyrrhus of Epirus.
-           The First Punic War, a very long campaign between 264 and 241 BC, pitting Rome versus Carthage for the control of Sicily. It's a tough and balanced struggle, focusing on naval operations. A shorter version of the war starts midway, in 256 BC, with Rome's first landing in Africa.
-           The Mercenary War (241 BC to 238 BC), a fight between an exhausted Carthage and her own rebelled mercenaries in Africa. Not suited for sensitive minds...

BIRTH OF ROME offers a level of historical accuracy and detail never reached before in a video game. It's a true simulation where the player is confronted with the challenges of the great commanders of the ancient era. How to create – and pay – your armies and fleets, organize and maneuver them, sustain and reinforce them, taking into account military, economic, political and diplomatic parameters...

This new release also put a particular emphasis on fleets and sea power, as they are essential to ensure control of maritime supply and naval supplies. But beware of the wrath of Neptune, the God of the Seas...

The game uses the AGE engine, also used in ALEA JACTA EST and various other AGEOD titles, with a simultaneous turn-based system of a month-long duration
The map mostly focuses on Italy, Northern Africa and the Western Mediterranean, with the cities, roads, fortifications, tribes and kingdoms of the time...
Hundreds of historical leaders and units, options and events (real or hypothetical), five campaigns covering the 298 BC to 238 BC time spam, all of this will give many hours of challenging gameplay versus the game's AI or another human opponent (PBEM possible).

BIRTH OF ROME does not require ownership of the ALEA JACTA EST, as it is a standalone product.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Berkut

I looked into that briefly, and saw that it is listed as 1-3+ players.

I am: intrigued...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Original AJE had that, too, I think.
—Stephen Jay Gould