Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: mongers on January 15, 2013, 09:25:50 PM
Quote from: PRC on January 15, 2013, 09:23:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2013, 01:26:12 PM
Not sure I follow you comment re:DF. There have been plenty of graphical mods for it for quite sometime now.

Any simple install and play ones?  What do you recommend?

Yeah, that would be what I'm after, perviously what I read on here seemed like a lot of work*

:P
*vs clicking on a install.exe.  :P

Not really too much work (I'm lazy too!).  I liked using this set:

http://artgoblin.pl/df.php

All if you have to do is click link and then unzip. Graphics are pre-installed. That simple. :)

Most difficult part will be learning the controls and then also learning how the various objects and industries interact.

*And looks to still be based on most recent version.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

iOS hit 10000000 is now on Steam.  Addictive mix of dungeon crawling match games.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josquius

Re: the steam stuff. They....actually gave me a refund?!!?!
Albeit to the wrong, new account, but it'll be simple enough to remember to buy as a gift if I want to buy something. Shame though that the sale is over so i missed those games
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I've hardly played any OOTP13. However, I'm setting up a 1949 Soviet league, to run alongside an NPC historical MLB, with a final between the top four teams.

The Soviet teams at the moment are:

Dnipropetrovsk Miners
Kiev Partisans
Leningrad    Aurora
Minsk Torpedos
Moscow Red Stars
Riga Cogs
Tbilisi Locomotives
Smolensk Fighters
Baku Oilers
Donetsk Farmers
Kharkov Tanks
Moscow Bears
Odessa Revolution
Rostov-on-Don   Cossacks
Stalingrad Victory
Vilnius Dynamo

They'll mirror the U.S. system with two leagues of 8 teams each.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2013, 05:09:06 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 15, 2013, 09:25:50 PM
Quote from: PRC on January 15, 2013, 09:23:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2013, 01:26:12 PM
Not sure I follow you comment re:DF. There have been plenty of graphical mods for it for quite sometime now.

Any simple install and play ones?  What do you recommend?

Yeah, that would be what I'm after, perviously what I read on here seemed like a lot of work*

:P
*vs clicking on a install.exe.  :P

Not really too much work (I'm lazy too!).  I liked using this set:

http://artgoblin.pl/df.php

All if you have to do is click link and then unzip. Graphics are pre-installed. That simple. :)

Most difficult part will be learning the controls and then also learning how the various objects and industries interact.

*And looks to still be based on most recent version.

:cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on January 18, 2013, 03:32:37 AM
Re: the steam stuff. They....actually gave me a refund?!!?!
Albeit to the wrong, new account, but it'll be simple enough to remember to buy as a gift if I want to buy something. Shame though that the sale is over so i missed those games

You seem shocked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2013, 01:56:13 PM
I've hardly played any OOTP13. However, I'm setting up a 1949 Soviet league, to run alongside an NPC historical MLB, with a final between the top four teams.

I'm in my 1906 season of my historical replay in charge of the New York Giants :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

I'm considering OOTP13 to get me through the post-Super-Bowl-to-Opening-Day phase.

Looks like it's as good as advertised.  Reminds me of the old APBA Baseball program from the late 80s.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2013, 10:29:47 PM
I'm considering OOTP13 to get me through the post-Super-Bowl-to-Opening-Day phase.

Looks like it's as good as advertised.  Reminds me of the old APBA Baseball program from the late 80s.

It is fun and quite customizable.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I'm thinking about the possibilities of a customizable league.  Transplant those '70 Orioles into the 1940s, see how they do.

Hey, can you get Jocquin Andujar to hit somebody and start a mound rush?

Kleves

THQ has been dissolved. SEGA purchased Relic, developer of two of my all-time favorite strategy franchises. The story:
QuoteIt's worth noting that all of these sales are pending approval from U.S. bankruptcy court and nothing is finalized yet. A hearing is currently underway in Delaware.
•SEGA has agreed to purchase Relic, developer of Company of Heroes and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.
•Koch Media (owner of Dead Island publisher Deep Silver) has agreed to purchase Saints Row developer Volition as well as the publishing rights to the Metro franchise.
•Crytek, who is currently developing Homefront 2, has purchased the rights to the Homefront franchise.
•Take-Two (parent company of 2K and Rockstar) has agreed to purchase Turtle Rock Studios' project codenamed Evolve. (Update: While Take Two was initially rumored to have acquired Darksiders publisher Vigil, reports now indicate that isn't the case)
•Ubisoft has purchased the rights to publish South Park: The Stick of Truth (pending any further objections from South Park Studios) as well as THQ Montreal, the current developer of Assassin's Creed creator Patrice Desilets' project codenamed 1666.

According to Distressed Debt Investing, SEGA paid $26 million for Relic, Ubisoft paid $3.2 million for South Park and $2.5 million for THQ Montreal.
Koch Media paid $5.8 million for Metro and $22.3 million for Volition, Take-Two paid $11 million for Evolve and Crytek paid $500,000 for Homefront. No bids were placed for Vigil.

Many THQ employees, meanwhile, have reportedly lost their jobs based on early reports on Twitter.

Assets including Darksiders studio Vigil and have not been acquired. The future home of the WWE franchise has yet to be disclosed.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Well that's a shame.  Probably means that Company of Heroes 2 will be delayed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017