And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on May 21, 2021, 12:26:38 PM
Isn't the game announcement today in ~30 minutes?  :hmm:

Lol, Paradox has instituted filters on "Victoria 3" (and close alternatives) on their Twitch chat, so now people are spamming it with all sorts of ways to go around the filter, like "Lenin Simulator 3". :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on May 21, 2021, 12:30:27 PM

Lol, Paradox has instituted filters on "Victoria 3" (and close alternatives) on their Twitch chat, so now people are spamming it with all sorts of ways to go around the filter, like "Lenin Simulator 3". :lol:

Well if they are doing that it is definitely real.

Fabulous news I was so worried that was a dead franchise.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2021, 12:38:59 PM

I'll refrain enthusiasm for after learning details.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2021, 12:38:59 PM

Considering the Imperator release, and the EU4 expansions recently it might still be stillborn. :P

If the leak was correct, Martin Anward is leading the project, he was (acc. to Mobygames) project lead on Stellaris, HoI4, game director for Imperator and CK3 ... but don't ask me from when till when, as project leads seem to shift a fair bit between games. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I am glad they left Imperator in a decent state before abandoning it. It is at least kind of fun now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Threviel

Curious about Vicky 3 and with some time over I'm watching pdsxcon on something called twitch. Damn, this is not good production value. At times like these I feel so old.

Solmyr

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 21, 2021, 10:30:45 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 21, 2021, 08:38:07 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2021, 08:10:02 AM
Personally, I hope they'll lean even more towards hands off than in Vic2 where you could only hope and pray your capitalists built useful factories half of the time. :P

But looking at HoI4 and EU4 which give ever more control to players to play out whatever revisionist fantasy they crave I suppose that's unlikely to happen. :(

So that's a recommendation to try out Victoria 2 ?

I think it is their best game. Not much in the way of magical mana pools; instead there are indirect controls and actions which might work out. Also each major state has its own advantages and disadvantages which are interesting. Playing Austria-Hungary and trying to prevent all change is a fun game for example.

:cool:

Thanks RH, I'll give it a go.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Wrong use of apostrophe, but still ... damn. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

Been keeping the Twitch stream from PDXCON running on the second monitor this morning and it's been mostly Empire of Sin so far. I checked how the game is now looking, but the reviews are still the same: looks good, but repetitive and shallow. I'm a bit surprised to see that King (the Scottish guy who has been on the Paradox forums for yonks) seems to be working on this?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

https://store.steampowered.com/app/926540/Prime__Load__1776/

QuotePrime & Load : 1776

Welcome to Prime & Load : 1776 "Commander Mode" Command your own company of intelligent AI infantry soldiers all dressed in the proper uniforms of the American Revolution. Fight across 30+ maps and experience the total control that Prime & Load allows you when in command of your very own regiment. Fight as either the British, Americans, Hessians or French Prime & Load offers a great variety of regiments to play from.

Battles contain 200 + infantry troops supported cannons, fife & drum, ensigns and your teammates Prime & Loads battles really alive. Join the action across the world with servers hosted in the US, EU and Australia!

Developed by Radio Silence Entertainment - A UK Based development team consisting of 3 people with no funding, Prime & Load is truly Indie and made completely by hand.

6.99 on Steam, 80% positive reviews out of 198.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

So, I'm a couple hours into Assassins Creed: Origins. I'm still in the starting are (Siwa). I've cleaned out the two little soldier camps (to my disappointment the soldiers respawn :( ) and did a few quests/treasure hunting. I still love the graphics and world, but ... it feels like playing a stealth archer in Elder Scrolls and is becoming a bit repetitive. :mellow: I suppose I could go in guns swords blazing, but I expect it's also a good way to get killed.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Unlike the earlier iterations, from Origins onward, head on combat is a viable approach.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on May 24, 2021, 01:47:38 AM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/926540/Prime__Load__1776/

QuotePrime & Load : 1776

Welcome to Prime & Load : 1776 "Commander Mode" Command your own company of intelligent AI infantry soldiers all dressed in the proper uniforms of the American Revolution. Fight across 30+ maps and experience the total control that Prime & Load allows you when in command of your very own regiment. Fight as either the British, Americans, Hessians or French Prime & Load offers a great variety of regiments to play from.

Battles contain 200 + infantry troops supported cannons, fife & drum, ensigns and your teammates Prime & Loads battles really alive. Join the action across the world with servers hosted in the US, EU and Australia!

Developed by Radio Silence Entertainment - A UK Based development team consisting of 3 people with no funding, Prime & Load is truly Indie and made completely by hand.

(snip)

Those brits in the third picture have no clue as to how to form square, do they?

It's probably moot, though, as I doubt forming square was done in those wars.  Not much cavalry, and all of it light.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!