And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

So, I am somewhat interested in this, I hope it turns out to be good:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1194590/Star_Dynasties/

But damn, coming out with an Early Access CK3 clone when the new CK3 update and flavour pack drops is quite unfortunate timing.  :pinch:

garbon

Did you try the demo when it was free in Oct? I tried it but it left me a little cold.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on March 16, 2021, 12:21:21 PM

But damn, coming out with an Early Access CK3 clone when the new CK3 update and flavour pack drops is quite unfortunate timing.  :pinch:
:hmm: CK3 in space does sound appealing though - I have just started re-reading Dune because everyone raves about it and while I didn't enjoy the book I like the idea of the book a lot (plus I love Lynch Dune and am very excited for Villeneuve Dune).

Maybe I should just play Dune :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Just gave it a quick spin I think there's promise but will need to see how good it is at generating these emerging stories and how much of 4x gameplay is there apart from the RPG stuff.

I am giving it a bit of a pause now that the first personal event coming up for my character in my non-tutorial game was him realising he is attracted to his sister.

Seriously, people, is incest one of these things I have fallen behind on in the fashion curve?

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 16, 2021, 01:14:47 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 16, 2021, 12:21:21 PM

:hmm: CK3 in space does sound appealing though - I have just started re-reading Dune because everyone raves about it and while I didn't enjoy the book I like the idea of the book a lot (plus I love Lynch Dune and am very excited for Villeneuve Dune).

Maybe I should just play Dune :hmm:
The original Dune still holds up fantastically well.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2021, 07:32:44 AM
I missed that Curious Expedition 2 has come out. The game has traded its pixel look from the previous release to something more of a Hergé/Tin Tin style:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1040230/Curious_Expedition_2/?curator_clanid=33526

Well, I got completely hooked on this. Thanks Syt! :mad: :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 16, 2021, 01:14:47 PM
while I didn't enjoy the book
:o

I've read maybe 200 science fiction novels and it's the greatest of all of them, by far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on March 15, 2021, 07:38:49 AM
One thing I'm not getting amidst flight sim and truck sim and their impressive realistic graphics and weak gameplay (not the point, I know) is why can't a more active game do the same?
When you have games set in real world cities they're usually shrunken and altered versions.

Your question contains the answer - "weak gameplay."

It is hard, resource intensive work to populate an open world.

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on March 17, 2021, 04:20:42 PM
One thing I'm not getting amidst flight sim and truck sim and their impressive realistic graphics and weak gameplay (not the point, I know) is why can't a more active game do the same?
When you have games set in real world cities they're usually shrunken and altered versions.

Daggerfall, and before that Elite took a stab at handling this procedurally, with mixed results. Similar with No Man's Sky to name a more modern example.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Disco Elysium Final Cut, adding some quests and, most notably, full voice acting will come out 30th March.

I'm not sure how I feel about full voice acting in this game. I'm not sure if it would have been nearly as introspective for me if it had this from the start.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

I think I read somewhere there is an option to disable the new voice acting. Maybe I'm just dreaming that up though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2021, 04:28:14 PM

Daggerfall, and before that Elite took a stab at handling this procedurally, with mixed results. Similar with No Man's Sky to name a more modern example.

And as I mentioned, Cyberpunk 2077. Very big and populated with non-interactable cardboard cutouts. At least in Daggerfall you could actually talk to every NPC and ask various generic questions!

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on March 18, 2021, 04:17:28 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2021, 04:28:14 PM

And as I mentioned, Cyberpunk 2077. Very big and populated with non-interactable cardboard cutouts. At least in Daggerfall you could actually talk to every NPC and ask various generic questions!

Do you go about a real city striking up conversations with randoms?