The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2020, 01:12:47 AM
so that's a no

I don't know. It is pretty representative of generic Texas urban area.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2020, 01:30:10 AM
so that's a no

it wasn't my question , as you know urban Texas is totally different than West Texas and North Texas. And my contention it isnt any different than Wyoming in its desolation

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on December 15, 2020, 06:41:31 PM
After 7 years I finally finished final fantasy 13.
Not a good game.

That was the last FF game I bought. Bored me out of the franchise.

I might get the FF7 remake at some point, though. Even if it's for nostalgia's sake.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2020, 02:29:27 AM
so that's a no

it wasn't my question , as you know urban Texas is totally different than West Texas and North Texas. And my contention it isnt any different than Wyoming in its desolation

That is for sure true. Driving through most of Texas is about as much fun as driving through Kansas or Oklahoma. At least Wyoming has Mountains.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2020, 02:48:38 AM

That is for sure true. Driving through most of Texas is about as much fun as driving through Kansas or Oklahoma. At least Wyoming has Mountains.

AND Southern Wyoming has early morning "edge of freezing fog" when PDH is driving Valmy to the airport.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2020, 02:29:27 AM
so that's a no

I never said it was bro.  That's not what I want them to do Texas.  I want them to do Texas cause a) it bridges the game to the midwest, south, and the east, and b) because Texas has such a large economy and population it'll generate far more 'jobs' from the standpoint of the game economy.  I understand that the bulk of the state's land area is pretty desolate and featureless.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Notably, PC Gamer don't include CP77 in their game of the year nominations.

https://www.pcgamer.com/here-are-the-nominees-for-pc-gamers-game-of-the-year-awards-2020/

QuoteOver the next couple weeks we'll be publishing sweeping reflections on this year's news, best moments, and shared gaming experiences. Sitting at the center will be our annual Game of the Year awards, the product of 27 PC Gamer editors' arguments, spent blood, and spilled G-Fuel. Awards will drop day by day beginning this weekend.

We approach these awards somewhat democratically, by first tallying up votes on the five games each editor liked most in 2020. Rather than trying to force a mediocre game into pre-baked award categories, we instead work backwards from those votes to figure out which award fits our favorites. Here are the games that received the most nominations among our team, sorted alphabetically.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Black Mesa
Blaseball
Cloudpunk
Crusader Kings 3
Death Stranding
Doom Eternal
Fall Guys
Fuser
Genshin Impact
Hades
Half-Life: Alyx
Kentucky Route Zero
Legends of Runeterra
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Monster Train
Paradise Killer
Persona 4 Golden
Phasmophobia
Spelunky 2
Spiritfarer
Valorant
Wasteland 3
XCOM: Chimera Squad
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

This year we'll be giving out 13 awards, including Best RPG, Best Action, and Best Strategy Game. Check back beginning December 19 when we'll debut the first award, then another award each day until the end of 2020. Separately, we'll also be handing out accolades to this year's best hardware. Should be a busy couple of weeks!

I admit I've paid much less attention to games this year than I normally do, but this does not seem like a great year for games. I haven't played any of these except CK3 and MS FlightSim. I know of most of those games, but for some it's just the name that's familiar and broad genre affiliation.

Blaseball is an odd one, as it's more like an interactive storytelling project mixed with fantasy sports: https://www.pcgamer.com/place-bets-on-blaseball-a-simulated-baseball-league-with-the-occasional-hellmouth/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Apparently Distant Worlds 2 will go into beta in January, and there will be a more in depth video about the game at that point. :)

Some screens from last year's Christmas sneak peak thread:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I need to get my fix for massed musketry so I'm playing Napoleon total war.  There are several big mods that look neat so I downloaded and installed one called La montée de l'Empire.  "La montée de l'Empire" may or may not be correct French.  I had to wade through page after page of bickering about that from eight years ago trying to figure out how to install the damn thing.  After finally getting it to work I start the mod up it throws up an installer that gives me options to tweak the mod.  Cool.  One of the options is to turn on 40 unit armies, so I click that option.  A little text tool opens up stating: "Activate this if you want to play LME with Wolves In The Throne Room´s increased unit limit submod. Please Note! You still have to enable the 40 unit armies feature yourself"

Um, okay.  There is nothing in the launcher that shows how to enable the 40 unit armies.  So I have to dig through forum posts from years ago trying to figure out what to enable it.  Finally, I found a tutorial which I shall reproduce here sans pictures.

QuoteAs there often are questions regarding this feature and people having problems with getting through the process I decided to do a full step-by-step tutorial on how to initialize a campaign with more then 20 units per army. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own any rights on the two packs and the tool included in the Download Bundle - Credits go to the creators. The downloadable content is just meant to offer a full download of what you need.

Tutorial
This tutorial covers basically everything you need to know.

Step 1

Download the following bundle, safe it on your desktop and unpack it using 7zip or any other suitable tool:

The LME4FullAsizePack includes all you need to initialize your campaign. Just keep it on your desktop.

Step 2

Start the LME4 Launcher from your computer and choose the features you wish to enable for your campaign. Make sure to enable the "Wolves Armies"!

Proceed by clicking on the campaign you wish to play on the left hand side and let NTW start just like normal.

Step 3

When ingame, choose the LME Campaign and the faction you wish to play with. Start the campaign. Once finished loading: save the game (do not change anything, just load the campaign and save!). Exit Napoleon Total war.

Now you have set up the campaign you wish to play with more then 20 units. So let's make the armies bigger!

Step 4

When back on the Desktop open the LME4FullAsizePack you have downloaded.You should see these two packs: Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack and Alb23UIMod.pack

Copy them both.

Now we need to put the packs into our NTW data folder.Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War

Put the two .pack files into the data-folder!

Well done! Now, close the NTW-Folder and go back to the LME4FullAsizePack on your desktop!

Step 5

Open EsfEditor 1.4.6.

Go to File --> Open Savegame

select C:\Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\save_games

Choose the savegame you made! It can easily be found by looking for the faction and date in the name. In your example you can simply use the latest one.

I will use "Königreich Bayern Early January 1807" as example.

Open the savegame!

Now we are ready to edit the armysize!

Navigate to CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL

Well done!

Do you see the two lines with 20 in it? That are the ones we need to edit!

Doubleclick on the 20 and edit it to the number of units you wish to be included in armies!

40 normally is the best one, although it can be taken up to 80 (But Unitcards would not work that well with that much units and the lag may be enormous!)

Do the same for the second line with 20 in it to set the fleetsize!

Save the changes by going to File -> Save!

Well done my friend, we are nearly finished!

Now close ESF 1.4.6 and go back to the LME4FullAsizePack!

Step 6

We are nearly done!

Open the script text and copy all:

mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
mod Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack;

Now go back to the LME-Launcher!

Open "Manually Edit Userscript" and place the two lines above the others!

Just place the two lines above the others! Do NOT edit any other line, they will be different to mine if you used other modsettings!

Save the user.script and close it!

Step 7

You are fine to go!

Start Napoleon Total War by clicking on "Start NTW Manually" in the LME-Launcher and load your campaign.

Well done, you can now play with more units per army!

Did you read all that?  No?  Good.  I'm just trying to play a computer game not start up a nuclear reactor.  This is why I rarely used mods in the past.  Nowadays I just go Steam workshop, click "subscribe", select which mods I want to play with and start the game.

Gabe Newell liberated us all from this kind of bullshit.  We should build a statue in his honor. <checks Wikipedia>  Gabe Newell is worth 4 billion dollars?  Okay, well he can build the statue.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Just get DarthMod (also goes for Empire), it just self-installs and you are good to go. :P

That said, I believe vanilla Napoleon is fine (unlike Empire).

Sheilbh

Over the Christmas break in addition to buying a lot of new knitwear (:wub:) I folded and bought FM21 - I may be some time :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2020, 03:31:57 PM
Over the Christmas break in addition to buying a lot of new knitwear (:wub:) I folded and bought FM21 - I may be some time :ph34r:

I've succumbed to the FM gods once again myself  :ph34r:

It's quite good I think.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Dammit I've been tempted to grab, youse guys aren't  helping.