News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

The Spiffing Brit has a video on the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIRrYvl0fM8

Doesn't even look like he's using anything too crazy, just basic trading of alcohol and utilizing character skills to buff their killing power.

Syt

American truck sim currently spans Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and recently added Idaho (You da ho!) and Colorado.

They already announced the next expansion: Wyoming.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1415692/American_Truck_Simulator__Wyoming

I look forward to when you can retrace the roadtrip from National Lampoon's Vacation.

Looking at the map, I guess Montana might come after Wyoming?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Nice, I didn't realize they had announced Wyoming but most people suspected it would be next... which is disappointing to me.

I don't give a fuck about Wyoming (sorry pdh :) )... I want Texas.  I don't even own the Idaho expansion yet, but I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale next.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Also, there's talk about SCS splitting their scenery development team in two after Montana (which I agree, is almost certainly next), and then working on two states, and possibly releasing, in parallel.  So like Kansas and Nebraska might come out at the same time as a single expansion, or North and South Dakota.

Syt

Sounds reasonable, otherwise it's up to modders to complete the map. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

PDH

What's not to love about driving 6 hours across Southern Wyoming to get from one crack town to another?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on December 09, 2020, 02:56:45 PM
I wonder if the modded maps are good for ATS?  I've tried the ETS2 ProMods maps before and they sucked, though supposedly they've gotten better.

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on December 09, 2020, 05:01:15 PM
What's not to love about driving 6 hours across Southern Wyoming to get from one crack town to another?
Well people are making a big deal about how the scenery will look really nice and gee I wonder how cool Yellowstone will look...

I thought it was a trucking simulator, not a vacation simulator. :hmm:

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2020, 07:17:56 PM
Quote from: PDH on December 09, 2020, 05:01:15 PM
Well people are making a big deal about how the scenery will look really nice and gee I wonder how cool Yellowstone will look...

I thought it was a trucking simulator, not a vacation simulator. :hmm:
has your goofy ass ever driven through real Texas?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2020, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 09, 2020, 02:56:45 PM
I wonder if the modded maps are good for ATS?  I've tried the ETS2 ProMods maps before and they sucked, though supposedly they've gotten better.

I only ever used Promods, and I think they're good. Of course they're more about refining the existing maps rather than expanding them (though I think they have a Russia add on).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2020, 05:52:44 PM
On Assassins Creed games, just got Unity (because setting) and want to try Odyssey.

But I'm mainly spending my time furious at the overly negative depiction of the Revolution and Robespierre <_<
Just read that Alfred is the primary antagonist in the new one and I'm starting to feel personally attacked by these games :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

After 7 years I finally finished final fantasy 13.
Not a good game.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on December 09, 2020, 07:38:36 PM
has your goofy ass ever driven through real Texas?
I've driven around Houston. :sleep:

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on December 09, 2020, 10:59:33 PM
I only ever used Promods, and I think they're good. Of course they're more about refining the existing maps rather than expanding them (though I think they have a Russia add on).
There are, or at least were, Promods maps for Italy before the 'real' Italy expansion came out, as well as for Greece, and they were crap.  Like I kept getting stuck all over the place because turns were impossibly tight or road grades too steep.