Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on August 27, 2020, 03:42:26 PM
AoE3:DE will have Swedes??!? :w00t:

I'LL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK
Sadly, there is now world conquest mode ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

I've been playing Horace.
Rather great 2D platformer/love letter to the 80s.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on August 22, 2020, 09:51:42 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 21, 2020, 04:33:18 AM
Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/654890/Grand_Tactician_The_Civil_War_18611865/

Comes out 21st August.

So, anyone tried this yet?

It seems to not be very polished and the AI not very good yet, so I'm waiting for now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Control came out on Steam last week.  It is the first game in a long while where I actually cared about the story.  I do enjoy weird fiction.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I watched a playthrough of God of War 4, minus routine combat and travel. It's a good story well told. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Paging BarristerBoy - a retro game set in early 1900s Canada (Free Demo!):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1098770/The_Crimson_Diamond/

QuoteThe Crimson Diamond is an EGA text parser mystery adventure game where you play as amateur geologist and reluctant detective Nancy Maple. Nancy is born and raised in the Toronto, Canada, where she works as a clerk for the Royal Canadian Museum. She dreams of attending university to study geology and mineralogy, and she's prepared to venture into the unknown to achieve her goals!

Follow Nancy as she travels north to the fictional ghost town of Crimson, Ontario to investigate the discovery of a massive diamond in the area. Eavesdrop on conversations to learn more about the eccentric cast of characters who find themselves gathered at Crimson Lodge. Explore the lodge and its environs to evaluate the diamond claim, and maybe solve a mystery or two along the way! The Crimson Diamond is a cozy mystery that encourages reading and engaging in the story over devious arcade challenges.

- Explore Crimson Lodge and the surrounding wilderness
- Listen and talk to a cast of characters with different personalities and motivations.
- Uncover secrets, discover hidden areas, solve mysteries!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Silly game - there is no Royal Canadian Museum. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

The Brain

I wish I could press ESC to skip indigestion. :(

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Barrister

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 03, 2020, 04:46:54 PM
Also, wasn't BB a geology major?

I'll give you the long story since you're in academia...

My major was technically in Environmental Science, however it was only the second year of that degree being offered and there was no separate department of environmental science.  I had to take a mish-mash of courses in ecology, biology and the like.  You also had to pick a "specialization" (because there really weren't enough environmental-type courses).  Mine was in geology.  But anyways between my required geology courses, and the geology "electives" I had to take because they were prerequisites to courses I was required to take, I spent way more time in the geology building than anywhere else, so I usually just told people I got a geology degree.

And then I got a co-op work experience job at an actual mining company (then HBM&S, now HudBay Minerals) in Flin Flon, hated it, and signed up to write the LSAT.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

BB would never play a game set in Ontario anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Trailer for Regiments, a WW3 game published by MicroProse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui7MNFk0eSM&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=MicroProse

Looks like Wargame: European Escalation, which leaves me unimpressed. Didn't care about those games, or Steel Division, because it's way too fast paced for my tastes. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould