News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, I never saw it (as I don't generally look in the p'dox general discussion forum) but they had given a sneakpeak of the new layout:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/sneak-peak-on-refurbished-forums.1372876/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Excellent time travelling Vikings assault Late medieval kingdom who responds by digging around to find something that looks like Roman armour.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 30, 2020, 11:24:30 AM
Excellent time travelling Vikings assault Late medieval kingdom who responds by digging around to find something that looks like Roman armour.

Got more of a Sutton Hoo helmet vibe (though the plume seems out of place):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Yeah, the faceplate is right.  The plume ruins it though. 

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I never finished the pirates AC though keep meaning to get back to the series.
One of my dream games is a viking rpg/strategy game. Sort of uncharted waters meets Mount and blade and the original dune.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on April 30, 2020, 05:18:55 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2020, 01:55:37 AM
Meltdown on p'dox forums over forum design changes. :D

How drastic a change can this be ...

*checks forums*

Whoa! :lol:

no shit... yowza

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on April 30, 2020, 12:27:10 PM
I never finished the pirates AC though keep meaning to get back to the series.
One of my dream games is a viking rpg/strategy game. Sort of uncharted waters meets Mount and blade and the original dune.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/445190/Expeditions_Viking/

And it is on sale

Habbaku

That one was a total dud for me. The roleplaying narrative isn't nearly strong enough and the combat just got tiresome after a time.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Yeah. I tried the conquistador one. It just feels too outdated.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Sheilbh

On Assassins Creed games, just got Unity (because setting) and want to try Odyssey.

But I'm mainly spending my time furious at the overly negative depiction of the Revolution and Robespierre <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on April 30, 2020, 04:16:47 PM
Yeah. I tried the conquistador one. It just feels too outdated.

Well the conquistador one came out many years ago  ;)