News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

DA: Inquisition GOTY is a mere €15 over at Origin. Just bought it, my computer is a bit old but according to some youtube videos I can run it at medium detail.

Now to wait until my mediocre DSL manages to download the 35+ Gb of the full package

Josquius

I was sure I replied here but it is gone 🤔

Is it normal for a steam sale now? Thought I was waiting for Xmas.
Tempted for just cause 3. Also heard good things of sunless sea.
Never played a far cry game. They don't follow on right ?
I assume the first is now no good. Do I go with 2 or 3?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

There is always a Fall Steam Sale.

Far Cry 1 is a early 00's FPS but was pretty fun. Far Cry 2 and 3 are open-world First person shooters. It's like Assassin's Creed but in FPS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Start with Far Cry 3, that's excellent. 2? Not so much. I haven't played the others.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on November 23, 2016, 06:27:25 PM
It's from the dudes that made The Secret World, that's a game that made me wish I still had time for MMORPGs.

Funcom also made the Age of Conan MMORPG, though on the official website they say that the company has changed much since those days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

So Sunless Sea.
Very slow. I don't quite get it. I always run out of fuel or supplies. Not sure how to make money :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Played DA: Inquisition for 3-4 hours. I'm going to spend 80% of time in this game running around, am I?  :glare:

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on November 28, 2016, 12:53:13 PM
Played DA: Inquisition for 3-4 hours. I'm going to spend 80% of time in this game running around, am I?  :glare:

As opposed to? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

What? Of course not. You have to stop every few seconds to get crafting materials.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

read Valmy's AAR   :P

there were a couple of useful mods, such as auto-loot.  I don't know if it's still working.
But yes, it's a traditional RPG.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2016, 01:03:51 PM

What? Of course not. You have to stop every few seconds to get crafting materials.

As the Dragon Age Czar of the forum, what's your take on it compared to the other two?

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 28, 2016, 01:54:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2016, 01:03:51 PM

As the Dragon Age Czar of the forum, what's your take on it compared to the other two?

Obviously it is inferior to DA:O. It is flawed but almost completely diametrically opposed to the flaws in DA2. Myself I had more fun playing DA2 but the people who hated DA2 seem to like DA:I better. DA:I fixed the things people did not like about DA2, but also took away most of DA2's strengths.

I think the two sequels are about equal in quality but are really different. Do not read my AAR unless you want to be really spoiled :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I think DA:O is best followed by DA:I. DA2, I suppose has a more interesting story than DA:I but the gameplay itself felt too constrained, you were too hemmed in.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Playing 'Beep' - nice looking silly platformer.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Been playing a bit of Jedi Academy again for nostalgia's sake. I've always assumed that the designers were inspired by Iron Maiden for Marka Ragnos's Tomb and the Sith Lord's look himself.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.