News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Ok, I thought this was another campaign expansion (their previous model was to have a base game, and other scenarios/campaigns/wars were added through expansion packs, which were a hell of a pain to install before they went on Steam).

It seems that this is a new, revamped game; I will probably check it out at some point.

RPS's initial impressions: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/04/the-flare-path-graviteam-tactics-mius-front-preview/

This screenshot illustrates nicely the scale of map vs units:

(no idea why the ground texture looks so crap; the close ups with more detail look far better)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2016, 08:17:54 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2016, 01:45:19 PM
Fuck Football Manager. Just fuck it.
I bought it. Played it. Got to the end of January....... bam. My save game seems to have corrupted. And the game has failed to autosave every 2 weeks as it was meant to. My last game is in November. A solid Sunday of play gone. Fuck this piece of shit.

It replicates the Sunderland season so far.
It would be nice if the real world season corrupted.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Been playing some Overwatch again this weekend. I've given up on Battlefield 1; I just couldn't get into the game - I had an atrocious K/D ratio, progress was slow for me (because I suck), and I didn't feel like I was getting any better at it with more playtime, i.e. my usual online MP shooter experience.

With Overwatch at least I have a feeling I know (mostly) what I'm doing, and I usually get thrown into matches roughly at my skill level where I have a decent challenge without getting too frustrated. It helps that most rounds last under 15 minutes. I can pick it up when I feel like playing a shooter, play a few rounds, and then step back again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 04:36:22 PM
Been playing some Overwatch again this weekend. I've given up on Battlefield 1; I just couldn't get into the game - I had an atrocious K/D ratio, progress was slow for me (because I suck), and I didn't feel like I was getting any better at it with more playtime, i.e. my usual online MP shooter experience.

You Teutonic twat.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2016, 04:38:57 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 04:36:22 PM

You Teutonic twat.

Hey, if you enjoy it that's cool. I'm just not very good at shooters. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

It's not about being good. It's about ensuring that other players' "online gaming experience" remains "varies", as stipulated in the ESRB game rating system.  As in ruining it.

FunkMonk

Yeah, I suck massively at shooters and I'm still having fun griefing 1337 nerds in battlefield 1.

Also, I find it fun just taking a role and going for broke in it. I've been playing scout and sneaking around, getting into advanced positions on the flanks and just spotting the entire enemy team with flares while serving as a spawn point for better players than me. It is fun and I still get a bunch of points even if I suck at shooting.

Next I will play support and lob infinite grenades at everyone and laugh a whole lot. LOL Stoßstruppen
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Upcoming game: SHADOW TACTICS: BLADES OF THE SHOGUN

https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_tactics_blades_of_the_shogun
http://store.steampowered.com/app/418240/

Think thw WW2 tactical Commandos series set in Old Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCa4JHNXk-o

Playable demo is now available.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

http://www.conanexiles.com/

In development, Early Access planned for January 31. A survival game set in the Conan universe. They seem to offer flexibility in how you want to play - either by yourself locally, or on public PvP or PvE servers, or setting up your own servers with custom rules.

The solo mode could intrigue me into trying this - so far I've otherwise stayed away from survival games, because they're mostly MP only, with players who can sink dozens of hours per week into it having a huge advantage.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wr3C2wpSo (the music :wub: )
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

It's from the dudes that made The Secret World, that's a game that made me wish I still had time for MMORPGs.

Grey Fox

Steam Sale.

I think I might be getting ATS and/or Helldivers
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Bloodbowl 2 worth 11$?   After all this time...and without the 30 race DLCs.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Also, Twilight Struggle is 50% off, considering it.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Drakken

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 24, 2016, 12:15:20 AM

What the hell are you waiting for?

Tamas

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 24, 2016, 12:15:20 AM

Both are well worth it, for both you'll want to get into mp after learning the ropes against the AI, and it's fairly easy to do so in case of both