The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2016, 04:50:04 PM
And now for something completely different:  :huh:

QuoteBattlefield 1: Reveal Trailer
Battlefield 1 / 6 May 2016
Battlefield 1 Officially Confirmed, Release Date, First Details, Collector's Edition Revealed
Early Enlister Deluxe Edition will let you play three days early.

By Andrew Goldfarb

Following a leak this morning, EA has officially confirmed that the next Battlefield game is called Battlefield 1.

Battlefield 1 is set in World War I and will be released on October 21, 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC (via Origin).

If you want to play three days early, an Early Enlister Deluxe Edition will be available for all platforms on October 18 for $79.99 and will include extra vehicles, weapons and emblems including the Red Baron Pack, the Lawrence of Arabia Pack, and new visual appearances for three large vehicles -- the Frontline Camouflage Train, the Night Raid Airship, and the Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought.

In a blog post, EA said Battlefield 1 contains some of the largest and "most dynamic battles in FPS history" and will include battles on land, in the air, and in the sea. "Tanks, planes, machine guns, artillery – a lot of the tech you've used in other Battlefield games was perfected during this era, letting the classic Battlefield DNA shine through," EA wrote. Locations confirmed so far include France, Italy, and the Arabian Desert.

Battlefield 1 will include dogfighting in biplanes and airships with external manned guns, as well as the World War I staples you'd expect like trench warfare, French tanks, mustard gas, and gas masks. Melee combat will be more of a focus, with weapons including a spiked baton, trench shovel, rapier, and more.

There will be a Persistent Squad System to allow four players to form a squad and enter matchmaking together to guarantee they're grouped for an entire session.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/06/battlefield-1-officially-confirmed-release-date-and-first-details-revealed

Can I launch a chemical attack in this?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

I played/beat Undertale recently, an indy RPG With A Message™.  Fortunately, it happens to be a message I enjoyed quite a bit, the characters are all cute, the music engaging, and the gameplay alternating between hilarious and frustrating (the good kind). 

Only ~ten hours of content (unless you play it the 'wrong' way, which I won't comment on further for fear of spoilers), but worth the price of entry.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I've been playing a bit of Overwatch since release. Considering that I hate MP shooters, I'm having a great time with it. The new competitive season just started, but I'm on a potato laptop till Friday next week, so I can't play.

Many decry it as shallow, casual, and a rip off of TF2, but I must say it has created a bunch of easily recognizable characters with (mostly) interesting abilities, and it's easy to just pick up and play a few rounds. The characters range in their ease of play (from classic snipers and twitch focused characters to a dwarf who mostly puts down a turret - or a robot that turns into a turet).

There's a whole lot of lore attached to it (though the game has no story campaign - probably a holdover from canceled Project Titan).

And the last animated short was a bit of a Pixar rip off (the animation quality is rather astonishing, for something that's basically just the throwaway backstory of one of the characters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Syt

Picked up the new and improved Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for under €5 while it was on sale.

I've played about 20 hours, and am now in Egypt, in Act I or II.

And I think I will stop now. I'm using melee weapons and armor, and I'm rather bored. Enemies can't really kill me, but my damage output (110 dps at level 21) feels painfully low.

The game feels really grindy, and none of the gear that drops is any use to me except to sell to vendors to then buy a proper weapon/armor from them and improve it with charms etc. which makes looting mostly a task of taking the items that require the least inventory space - especially because vendors are few and far between. I've been using the same vendor bought armor for 10 or so levels now. In Egypt I finally upgraded my weapon at a vendor, after 8 or so levels - an increas in dps of 15%. Woot.

The environments are very pretty, but the combat feels very lackluster and repetitive, with not much variation between enemies.

I've gone for the warfare/defense masteries, and none of the skills look too great to me, adding rather limited damage, or only triggering on a <10% chance. Maybe a different class would have been more fun, but other ARPGs manage to make melee combat (I prefer playing beefy tank chars) much more interesting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Anyone else stoked for The Atomy? :w00t:

QuoteThis is a shooter about killed in fortieth gangster, who tries to wash away his guilt in the personal hell. He will have to pass a long way, because he is also responsible for the deeds of his ancestors and children.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I've been playing Injustice.
Never played  a beat em up on pc before. The tutorial was hard. Xbox pads are not suited at all.
It's cool though.  Nice DC story and it all flows together seamlessly
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

You know what I fancy playing? An old-schoolish dungeon crawl like the Wizardries, M&Ms, Bard's Tale... is there something new-ish in that vein? I tried Legend of Grimrock a couple years ago and didn't do it for me, and the new Might & Magic game is a turd.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on September 22, 2016, 02:04:12 PM
You know what I fancy playing? An old-schoolish dungeon crawl like the Wizardries, M&Ms, Bard's Tale... is there something new-ish in that vein? I tried Legend of Grimrock a couple years ago and didn't do it for me, and the new Might & Magic game is a turd.

Well The Bard's Tale IV will be coming out within a couple years :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2016, 02:19:11 PM
Quote from: celedhring on September 22, 2016, 02:04:12 PM

Well The Bard's Tale IV will be coming out within a couple years :hmm:

BUT I NEED IT NOW.

Gonna tour GOG and see what I find... There's gotta be some well-aged oldie in there.

mongers

Just noticed that the two stickied thread in this sub-forum both haven't had a single post in around eight months.

Might a Mod like to reconsider their status or are there other reasons for it being that way?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

King of Dragon Pass is on sale for the week--only $5.99.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 10:56:23 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://www.destructoid.com/halcyon-6-starbase-commander-is-september-s-sleeper-hit-387434.phtml

QuoteHalcyon 6: Starbase Commander is September's sleeper hit

Rumblings about this have been generally favorable, with two caveats: combat apparently can be a bit dull, and the events start repeating after several hours of gameplay.
—Stephen Jay Gould