And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Damn, I suck at Battlefleet Gothic.  :blush:

Razgovory

I was going to do a Crusader Kings AAR, but I got hooked on Total War Atilla.  I have revived the Western Roman empire.  Eastern Empire is looking a bit shabby though.  The Huns don't conquer.  They simply raze cities leaving only desolation.  Much of Anatolia and the Persian empire is gone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Gave Eador Masters of a Broken World another chance while killing some time yesterday.  The first time I tried this game I didn't like it very much.  I think it was Tamas who tried to convince me it was a good game.  And you know what?  He was right.  If you get a chance give it a try.  A good way to wait the week for the release of Stellaris.

Josquius

I tried playing Dragon Pass for the first time in a while.
Totally forgot how to play.
Starving within 2 years. :blush:

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2016, 09:01:46 AM
Gave Eador Masters of a Broken World another chance while killing some time yesterday.  The first time I tried this game I didn't like it very much.  I think it was Tamas who tried to convince me it was a good game.  And you know what?  He was right.  If you get a chance give it a try.  A good way to wait the week for the release of Stellaris.

I liked it for a while, though it gets a bit buggy and annoying after a few worlds are won.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

I just downloaded from Matrix games Close Combat: Iron Cross. Liking it so far, but just started get back into it (I had played the old Close Combat game).

CountDeMoney

And now for something completely different:  :huh:

QuoteBattlefield 1: Reveal Trailer
Battlefield 1 / 6 May 2016
Battlefield 1 Officially Confirmed, Release Date, First Details, Collector's Edition Revealed
Early Enlister Deluxe Edition will let you play three days early.

By Andrew Goldfarb

Following a leak this morning, EA has officially confirmed that the next Battlefield game is called Battlefield 1.

Battlefield 1 is set in World War I and will be released on October 21, 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC (via Origin).

If you want to play three days early, an Early Enlister Deluxe Edition will be available for all platforms on October 18 for $79.99 and will include extra vehicles, weapons and emblems including the Red Baron Pack, the Lawrence of Arabia Pack, and new visual appearances for three large vehicles -- the Frontline Camouflage Train, the Night Raid Airship, and the Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought.

In a blog post, EA said Battlefield 1 contains some of the largest and "most dynamic battles in FPS history" and will include battles on land, in the air, and in the sea. "Tanks, planes, machine guns, artillery – a lot of the tech you've used in other Battlefield games was perfected during this era, letting the classic Battlefield DNA shine through," EA wrote. Locations confirmed so far include France, Italy, and the Arabian Desert.

Battlefield 1 will include dogfighting in biplanes and airships with external manned guns, as well as the World War I staples you'd expect like trench warfare, French tanks, mustard gas, and gas masks. Melee combat will be more of a focus, with weapons including a spiked baton, trench shovel, rapier, and more.

There will be a Persistent Squad System to allow four players to form a squad and enter matchmaking together to guarantee they're grouped for an entire session.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/06/battlefield-1-officially-confirmed-release-date-and-first-details-revealed

Razgovory

Was there a lot of rapier duels in WWI?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

I guess you really can be Ottoman Empire.

Norgy

They used to bludgeon people back then to get to ZE ZEPPELIN, I think.

This is almost as superbly arrogant as CoD in space.

Or I am too old for this.

Ed Anger

I'll buy it to bean a teenager with a trench mace.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

A long, long time ago the makers of of the battlefield series made a game called Operation: Eagle, which takes place in a sort of alternate WWI.  It was terrible and the game barely worked.  I did play it at LAN party, but between crashes the multiplayer was a hoot.  I think they realized that Multiplayer was the only thing they could do well, and released Battlefield 1942 (which I wasted way to much time on in college).

Grey Fox

Can you believe that FIFA 16 is 80$ on Origin, 80$!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2016, 09:57:49 PM
Can you believe that FIFA 16 is 80$ on Origin, 80$!
Pop down to any game shop at you can get FIFA 14 for 50 c. :lol:
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Started playing Red Dead again. I forgot how much a dick Marston is  :lol: Also what a beautiful game visually and story wise.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2016, 04:50:04 PM
And now for something completely different:  :huh:

Well I would play the fuck out of that if it were available on PC.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."