News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Josquius on August 07, 2024, 11:40:01 AMAlso how many Jesus survived the elimination of all jedis now? And the baddy force users...

Obi-Wan is the only Jesus. :P

HVC

Quote from: Syt on August 08, 2024, 12:35:07 AMI have yet to start Rimworld -_- I will, though, promised! :D

It's fun. Raids ramp up real fast. Get yourself some flak vests and good weapons as soon as you can.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: Solmyr on August 08, 2024, 01:04:13 AM
Quote from: Josquius on August 07, 2024, 11:40:01 AMAlso how many Jesus survived the elimination of all jedis now? And the baddy force users...

Obi-Wan is the only Jesus. :P

My auto correct teaches me I don't talk about star wars much at all :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: HVC on August 07, 2024, 05:41:15 PMGot Rimworld after reading Syt ask for advice. So, what the hell do you do with all your wood?

I usually build with it and use it as fuel since I often start pre electricity.
You can turn it into art and then sell it, or build traps with it. Lots of them.
There's mods where the wood can be used to build roads on the world map too

HVC

I've discovered chemfuel and bio reactors, so now I have a use for wood.

Also, I hate bugs.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Norgy

I've tried showing some stern leadership in "Dead State" today. And, let us say, the lack of toothbrushes, fuel and food ended with my character being shot.

While quite linear, it is a good game that I think was rather over-looked when it was released.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: HVC on August 09, 2024, 09:21:51 PMI've discovered chemfuel and bio reactors, so now I have a use for wood.

Also, I hate bugs.

Oh yes...
There's ways to deal with them, or more precisely where they spawn but I've not really mastered that. Something with amount of light and roomsize iirc...

Tonitrus

And avoid trying to create a dwarf fortress.

HVC

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 10, 2024, 02:36:12 PMAnd avoid trying to create a dwarf fortress.

I've already thought my next game will be mountain base... although I think I'll turn off infestations haha

Josquius

I've been tempted to get rim world many a time but never got round to it. This latest chat has pushed me away a little... I bounced right off dwarf fortress. Just don't have the time to learn a game where every little thing is micro managed

In other news I "ill believe it when I see it" news.. Lots of half life 3 rumours going around lately.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Rimworld is, imho, less complex and less unforgiving than dwarf fortress but that probably partially caused by actual difficulty settings and the different storytellers.

The game could do with a demo but I doubt that's even possible.

Razgovory

Rimworld is less complex than Dwarf Fortress, but I count that as a positive.  You can sometimes kill bug infestations by trapping them in a room and increasing the temperature.  By lighting fires for instance.  My most recent base was overrun when robots and zombies attacked at the same time.  During the battle one of my guys turned traitor and summoned a bunch of invisible monsters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2024, 09:11:22 PMRimworld is less complex than Dwarf Fortress, but I count that as a positive.  You can sometimes kill bug infestations by trapping them in a room and increasing the temperature.  By lighting fires for instance.  My most recent base was overrun when robots and zombies attacked at the same time.  During the battle one of my guys turned traitor and summoned a bunch of invisible monsters.

Sounds like a Dr. Who episode

Syt

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/action-rpg/a-real-life-goldfish-just-beat-elden-ring-shadow-of-the-erdtrees-final-boss-and-this-one-did-it-without-committing-credit-card-fraud/

QuoteA real-life goldfish just beat Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree's final boss, and this one did it without committing credit card fraud

The goldfish who previously defeated the first phase of Elden Ring's Malenia fight has made a triumphant return, making Shadow of the Erdtree's final boss look easy with a fin-tastic display of skill.

Our hero is Tortellini, a noble goldfish who belongs to content creator Eric 'PointCrow' Morino. PointCrow has already proved just how good his fish is at Elden Ring when given access to the right tools – with a unique setup, Tortellini is able to input controller commands simply by swimming around in his tank. Depending on where he swims to, he's able to 'press' different buttons, and he's now been able to defeat Promised Consort Radahn this way, too.

The whole effort was streamed on Twitch yesterday – PointCrow helps out his aquatic buddy a little by applying a few buffs from his Wondrous Physick and incantations like Golden Vow before heading into the arena, but then he hands over the reins. As you might expect, it still wasn't an easy win – in fact, the stream had been going for well over eight hours by the time he emerged victorious. But, thanks to a chain of excellent hits from dual-wielded, Hemorrhage-inducing Great Stars, as well as some nicely timed heals, Tortellini did it. "That's my goldfish! Let's go!" PointCrow shouts.

It's genuinely incredible to watch, and even though Tortellini might never grasp the true greatness of his achievement, I think it's safe to say that he's definitely the best aquatic Elden Ring player out there. Perhaps the biggest win of all is that he didn't commit credit card fraud during the process – something which, bafflingly, has happened in this niche subgenre of 'fish playing games for content' before.

The fraudster fish struck last year when YouTube content creator Mutekimaru Channel was using a very similar setup to allow their fish to play Pokemon Violet. After the RPG crashed, the fish was able to navigate its way over to the Nintendo Switch eShop, where it nonchalantly revealed some of its owner's credit card information before buying 500 Yen worth of eShop funds. Whoops. So, yeah, shoutout to Tortellini for not doing that.

This is certainly a headline. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob