And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2012 London Olympics Sports Thread

Started by mongers, June 18, 2012, 02:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Well, after all this shitty Brit Pop in the closing ceremony, at least they had the presence of taste to include John Lennon, so it's not a total loss.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on August 12, 2012, 08:01:55 PM
None of them bothered to hide it. That picture was tweeted from Bolt's room at 3 am the night after he won the gold at 100 m. The girls had approached his coach in the canteen and asked him to introduce them to Bolt, which he did.

It's a plot to produce a generation of mocha Swedish athletes.

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2012, 07:32:54 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2012, 07:26:07 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2012, 07:24:12 PM
:huh: They are just in a picture with Usain Bolt.
Yeah, I'm sure they were all there debating the legacy of Charles XII.

Maybe they saw him in the village and just wanted to pose for a picture (or vice versa)? If Usain Bolt had sex with half the women he was in a picture with over the past couple of weeks, his running is just a sidebar next to his other talents.

None of them bothered to hide it. That picture was tweeted from Bolt's room at 3 am the night after he won the gold at 100 m. The girls had approached his coach in the canteen and asked him to introduce them to Bolt, which he did.

I googled the story. Supposedly they wanted to meet Bolt, hung out in his room for an hour, and went home. Maybe they had an orgy in that hour, maybe they just hung out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Maybe they took care of business with Nordic effciency in order to create a generation of mocha athletes.

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2012, 06:45:17 PM
Canadian butthurt was definitely nice.  I still have the game DVR'ed, just for the "WTF?!?!" expression on the #20's face, and Tancredi's quietly furious march to the referee to get her yellow card.  I must've rewinded it like 50 times.  :)

2016. Rio. Canada gets Revenge. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2012, 07:32:54 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 12, 2012, 07:26:07 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2012, 07:24:12 PM
:huh: They are just in a picture with Usain Bolt.
Yeah, I'm sure they were all there debating the legacy of Charles XII.

Maybe they saw him in the village and just wanted to pose for a picture (or vice versa)? If Usain Bolt had sex with half the women he was in a picture with over the past couple of weeks, his running is just a sidebar next to his other talents.

Wouldn't you want to fuck the fastest man on earth.

I mean if you were a woman.

Or gay.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Hands up who noticed the recreation of the cover art for Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. :) :) :)

Also: "Who are these old dudes doing the CSI theme song?" spoken by millions of under 25s around the world.
Civis Romanus Sum

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on August 12, 2012, 09:12:46 PM
Wouldn't you want to fuck the fastest man on earth.

I mean if you were a woman.

Or gay.

No, I prefer a man who takes his time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGEQ-ly9rnM
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on August 12, 2012, 09:14:32 PM
Hands up who noticed the recreation of the cover art for Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. :) :) :)

Also: "Who are these old dudes doing the CSI theme song?" spoken by millions of under 25s around the world.

I haven't seen that bit yet, I'm watching it on replay, but I notice the 1/4 Pink Floyd earlier.  :)

edit:
Just seen the imagery, it was a bit obvious, though I noticed the commentators missed it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

I happened to like the closing ceremonies, I found it kicked ass. Even with the Spice Girls lipsync singing for five minutes. Even with Liam Gallagher half-assing Wonderwall with his pseudo-Oasis band. :blush:

Ed: Who's the pouty Sarah Silverman look-a-like in your avatar? Me likey.

katmai

Watched a lot of the olympics I see Drakken.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

:lol:  i have been on the mobile vrtsion all weekend and didn't see ed's avatar.  What a great picture.

mongers

Quote from: Drakken on August 12, 2012, 10:11:34 PM
I happened to like the closing ceremonies, I found it kicked ass. Even with the Spice Girls lipsync singing for five minutes. Even with Liam Gallagher half-assing Wonderwall with his pseudo-Oasis band. :blush:

Ed: Who's the pouty Sarah Silverman look-a-like in your avatar? Me likey.

Isn't it all of the band minus Noel ?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

Quote from: mongers on August 12, 2012, 10:38:37 PM
Isn't it all of the band minus Noel ?  :bowler:

I seem to recognize the drummer and the guitarist were those from Oasis at the time of Morning Glory.

The Olympic spirit didn't work on the Gallagher brothers, if only for five damn minutes.  :(