Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

A battleship is found on the ground in India, Jaron's team moves in for the kill...

BA dispatches a reaper hiding in the shadows...

Getting ready to move in...

Clearing the third level...it looks like these floaters had a blaster launcher accident as well...

Timmah with the last kill...

Only the HWP was lost on this mission. 

Gameplay note: Either I've been pretty lucky, or I am just too good at XCOM.  Yes, I have been playing a strict hard-core, no-reloading-saves-game, and usually I get a couple mission disasters by now. :unsure:

But then, we haven't gotten Elementals yet.

KRonn

I've been playing this game since reading this AAR. This was one of my favorite games, played it a lot. Having a lot of fun with it now! I remember most of it but still having to relearn and remember some of it. Great game!   :)

Tonitrus, you are doing well if you've had no disasters. I'm playing at Veteran level I think it was, a fairly difficult level but there are two levels harder.

Tonitrus

The closest I got to disaster, Tim ended up saving the day.  :P

Now, to be fair, technology development has been slacking.  To keep costs down, I'd not bothered to build more than one lab with 50 scientists, so tech progress is a little slow...and I have slacked on concentrating on catching an alien navigator alive for the Hyperwave decoder, or a Sectoid leader for the psi-labs(and to be fair, Sectoids have been absent for a awhile)...so Elemental disaster is almost inevitable.

In most of my games, I've gotten those guys simply by accident. 

Sophie Scholl

I made an appearance that didn't result in my death! :showoff:  I admit, I was a little afraid when I saw my name pop up.  Now... time to kill some more alien scum.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

PDH

PDH demands more labs, top researchers, some female Chinese grad-student assistants, and maybe a cool company car.  He is not putting his life on the line to be forgotten, mister.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on June 19, 2012, 07:25:55 AM
PDH demands more labs, top researchers, some female Chinese grad-student assistants, and maybe a cool company car.  He is not putting his life on the line to be forgotten, mister.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Request denied.  The other option is duty on the front lines.  :contract:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 19, 2012, 05:16:09 PM

Request denied.  The other option is duty on the front lines.  :contract:

Ok, I caved.  :(

Note:  As some of you know, I'm in the process of getting ready to move/moving inside the next couple weeks...so don't be surprised if this AAR is suddenly suspended for...um, probably a couple months.