Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote#66: 5 / Sea Beggars

Message from France:

1-2/5 Suppress heresy in France
Wow...abject failure at that go. Let's try again...

3-4/5 Supress Heresy in France
Alright a little more like it. La Rochelle, Nantes and Rouen convert. Last hit dropped as we've hit the minimum number of Protestant spaces in France.

5/5 - Add one diplomatic influence to Venice
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on June 27, 2012, 10:12:18 AM
He sent his own file.

Oh just saw it. Oh well. I put everything he did in. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Using PotA home card to patronize Bellaso and draw a card.

Over to Katmai.

Delirium

Wow, the Spanish hand was really not that good. On a different note, my random discard was unfortunate...

Katmai, since you're new here, let me strongly recommend a minimum of one Preach Sermon actions to increase the number of Protestant spaces (don't know if you're aware of the auto-win feature if you have 9 or less spaces, leaving France or Spain with an early win).  :secret:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

szmik

Quote from: Delirium on June 27, 2012, 10:38:29 AM
Wow, the Spanish hand was really not that good.

still it served him well, but dice didn't
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Solmyr

Question, if someone else plays a Protestant conversion event, do they get to decide which spaces are converted?

katmai

Thanks Del, was already planning on that, just trying to decide what crappy cards to start with :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

Unless otherwise specified in the event text, the assumption is that the player of the event chooses all effects, unless there is a very basic rule I have missed somewhere.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

katmai

Let's see if i get this right :P

Quote#12: 2 / Galleasses [RESPONSE]

Message from Protestants:
Preaching Sermons in Netherlands 1-2/2

Request: 6-sided die x 5

So two minor and one major conversion, my noob question is not sure reading Protestant Conversion Conditions

Quoteb) The space is adjacent to a space under Protestant religious
influence (even if across a pass) or is a port connected to a sea
zone that contains other ports under Protestant religious influence.
The adjacent space or port may not be in unrest and must
have been Protestant at the start of this step of the procedure.
where I can use these conversions.

garbon

Alkmaar, Amsterdam, Brielle, Flushing and Dunkirk border North Sea and thus have access to Protestant influence from England.

Ghent is protestant and thus grants access to anything around it. Munster (in HRE) is also Protestant so Zutphen is eligible.

You can then use 6 that to spread influence as first step* or you can save it till 2nd step to allow you to convert a province that has a catholic unit present.

*As an example if you used 6 to convert Zutphen in first step, then you'd be able to convert Arnhem and Gronigen in next step.  Alternatively if you save till 2nd step, you can use on Antwerp or Brussels.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 11:38:30 AM
Alkmaar, Amsterdam, Brielle, Flushing and Dunkirk border North Sea and thus have access to Protestant influence from England.

Ghent is protestant and thus grants access to anything around it.

Ah thanks, i didn't realize the sea port was taken so liberally. And damn thanks for heads up, i didn't even notice Ghent's affilation :blush:

Delirium

I recommend using the '6' on Antwerp.  :Canuck:

katmai

So if understanding correctly using minor conversions on Flushing & Brielle and the major to flip Antwerp.

Heh Del, great minds think alike.....ours too!

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 27, 2012, 11:51:09 AM

Ghent is protestant and thus grants access to anything around it.

Ah thanks, i didn't realize the sea port was taken so liberally. And damn thanks for heads up, i didn't even notice Ghent's affilation :blush:

Well it is specifically because both London and Norwich border and they are by default Protestant.

katmai

Yeah i wasn't realizing it could be across the Sea to foreign ports, mea culpa. Oh and if my move is valid I'll tackle the CB updating my moves and send it to Del.