News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The Duke and 2 regulars head to Milan.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

My galleon will head off to protect the Treasure Fleet as well.

Szmik's up to SD (though everyone else should just go ahead with their own).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Solmyr's up to SD.

Unless Del wants to wait on the HRE SD (which will probably be to send troops to Pressburg or Szigetvari), he's up to play.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on June 26, 2012, 07:42:25 PM
What if i had SD huh!

Then the Duke of Alva would meet your army and destroy it.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Schwendi, 1r, 2m to Pressburg.

Also picked my home card (dropping the one I won't use on my power card) and religious preference. Though, I don't think anyone can actually be sure that I pick the same card between CB and ACTS? Do I need to demonstrate it somehow?

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on June 26, 2012, 11:28:46 PM
Also picked my home card (dropping the one I won't use on my power card) and religious preference. Though, I don't think anyone can actually be sure that I pick the same card between CB and ACTS? Do I need to demonstrate it somehow?

I never ran into the situation where I had to pick between two home cards in the other game - but wouldn't it be easier to put the card you are picking face down on your powercard? Since you have ownership of it, we won't be able to see it until you flip it over - when you've played it. Then in the CB file, we'll all be able to see during playback that it matches what you said you played in ACTS.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Garbon's correct for the most part, but if he owns it we won't be able to see it even if he flips it over.  Only when he releases ownership and flips it can we see what the card is.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Okay then, I'll put the card I use on my power card when I'm next doing a CB file.

Delirium

Right here goes. I will use my home card Ottoman Tribute for 5 cp.

1/5 naval moves to west med and aegean sea respectively

I forget the convention here, whether I should pause for Storms or other viciousness before I continue. Will do so now.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Solmyr

I think you can proceed, and we will retroactively adjust it if someone plays a response.

Delirium

The downside to retroactive adjusting is if a side is very succesful (generally speaking, not this case particularly). Anyway.

Quote1/5: Dragut+3 to Barbary Coast; Piyale Pasha+3 to Aegean Coast.
2-3/5: Dragut tries to steal stuff in Barbary Coast.

Fortresses kill one corsair, remainder score two hits, rewards pending.

Quote4/5 All naval units converge in Ionian Sea.

Spain rolls a 9 to intercept so can potentially do so, will assume no though.

Quote5/5 build cavalry in Istanbul
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

File will have to wait for Phil's decisions.