And we're back!

Main Menu

Citizen Soldiers

Started by Siege, May 08, 2009, 12:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Hansmeister on May 10, 2009, 11:27:16 PM

The PSYOP Creed:

Throughout history, in war and peace, I have played many roles.
I am inspiration.
I am motivation.
I am intimidation.
I am deception.
I am...PSYOP.

I was the inspiration for Hannibal to take his elephants over the Alps.
I was the motivation in the words "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" and "Remember the Alamo".
I was the intimidation of the sound of Gideon's trumpets.
I was the deception used against the Trojans.
I was and I am...PSYOP.   

I rode with Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan and Sun Tsu.
I saw action in both World Wars and in Korea and Vietnam.
I helped bring a speedy victory in Just Cause and Desert Storm.
I brought the hope of peace to Haiti, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Afghanistan
I was and I am...PSYOP.

I was the "talking tanks" asking the Nazi soldiers, "why die for a lost cause?"
I was the leaflet which told the Japanese to "Cease Resistance".
I was the Commando Solo broadcasts to the Taliban warning them that,
"we will destroy those who harbor terrorism.
I was and I am...PSYOP.

I bring the light of truth where before lay the darkness of lies.
I deliver hope to those who are in despair.
I bring fear to those who believe their actions are without consequence.
I was and I am...PSYOP.

I am that voice that tells the enemy to surrender or die.
I am the shadow of doubt that makes the enemy question their actions.
I am that power of influence that despots despise.
I was and I am...PSYOP.

I am the broadcast of reason over radio, television and loudspeaker.
I am the light of truth in print media, leaflet, newspaper, handbill or poster.
I am the force multiplier that wins my country's wars.
I was, I am and I will forever remain...PSYOP.

That creed is terrible.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

To pick out a few especially egregious parts:

I brought the hope of peace to Haiti, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Afghanistan

Maybe someone should edit out Haiti and Somalia. I don't know if Blackhawk Down is really the legacy PsyOps wants to be remembered for.

I was the leaflet which told the Japanese to "Cease Resistance".

Unless your "leaflet" was a nuclear bomb, your leaflets were incredible failures. The Japanese in WWII are infamous for fighting to the last, at least until the nuclear bombs.

Infantryman's Creed >> PsyOps Creed.

Hans, you guys really need to rewrite that thing.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 10, 2009, 12:25:27 PM
It's chess, morons.   :lol:

Particularly enjoyed a tanker arguing with us once who claimed,  " Yeah well you may be the queens of battle...but tankers are the kings of battle!!!1"   :rolleyes:

Ok, first the analogy is bad. Even in a military like the US with as much training and as much emphasis on low casualties as we have(the slider turned all the way to quality as it were :nerd:), the loss of an infantry soldier will not hurt the war effort like the loss of a pilot or a general.

Second, you call yourself a queen, you're gonna take guff for it. Dem's the rules. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Fireblade

God damn Siege, give it a rest. We get it, you're a barbarian who has a hard-on for killing Muslims.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on May 10, 2009, 11:41:57 PM
Unless your "leaflet" was a nuclear bomb, your leaflets were incredible failures. The Japanese in WWII are infamous for fighting to the last, at least until the nuclear bombs.
I *think* those leaflets were dropped after the surrender.

grumbler

Infantryman's Creed >> PsyOps Creed.
Agree.  The Infantryman's Creed is juvenile and absurd (you don't get to name yourself the "Queen of the Battlefield," and everyone but the infantry knows that artillery was the first and remains the only "Queen of the Battlefield") but the Pyscho Creed is dumber and even lamer.

QuoteHans, you guys really need to rewrite that thing.
Disagree.  Creeds are for the credulous, and anyone credulous enough to think a creed is "cool" will think that this creed is "cool."  When you are talking credulous, you aren't talking about the sharpest tools in the shed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2009, 07:09:43 AM
I *think* those leaflets were dropped after the surrender.
Which leaflets are you referring to?  Insofar as I know, once the Emperor order a halt to resistance, resistance halted as soon as people got the word.  I've never heard of a US leaflet drop post-surrender that had any impact on Japan's lack of postwar resistance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: grumbler on May 11, 2009, 08:32:36 AM
Which leaflets are you referring to?  Insofar as I know, once the Emperor order a halt to resistance, resistance halted as soon as people got the word.  I've never heard of a US leaflet drop post-surrender that had any impact on Japan's lack of postwar resistance.
The leaflets that got people the word that the Emperor had ordered a halt to resistance.

Berkut

Hans, you guys really need to rewrite that thing.

Is it irony that the psyops creed is so terrible?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2009, 08:48:46 AM
That's why it's so tough winning hearts and minds :o

You don't need Psyops, you need Simon Cowell and a few ad men.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maximus

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2009, 08:48:46 AM
I don't know about irony, but it is about par with Hans' ability to persuade anyone of anything.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 10, 2009, 11:51:41 PM

Ok, first the analogy is bad. Even in a military like the US with as much training and as much emphasis on low casualties as we have(the slider turned all the way to quality as it were :nerd:), the loss of an infantry soldier will not hurt the war effort like the loss of a pilot or a general.

Second, you call yourself a queen, you're gonna take guff for it. Dem's the rules. :contract:

Agreed on all.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Quote from: grumbler on May 11, 2009, 08:26:23 AM
[
Agree.  The Infantryman's Creed is juvenile and absurd (you don't get to name yourself the "Queen of the Battlefield," and everyone but the infantry knows that artillery was the first and remains the only "Queen of the Battlefield") but the Pyscho Creed is dumber and even lamer.

The artillery is considered/consider themselves the 'King of battle'.   

What ever you say, grumbs.   :)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on May 10, 2009, 08:10:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2009, 06:11:11 PM
We need more penal battalions, filled with emos, anime and manga fans and bloggers.
Give guns and training to society's dregs?  That's a terrible idea.

Then again, that's what they do today.  Hyuk hyuk.

Mosin-Nagant and 5 rounds. That solves that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 11, 2009, 09:30:50 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 10, 2009, 08:10:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2009, 06:11:11 PM
We need more penal battalions, filled with emos, anime and manga fans and bloggers.
Give guns and training to society's dregs?  That's a terrible idea.

Then again, that's what they do today.  Hyuk hyuk.
Mosin-Nagant and 5 rounds. That solves that.
Still, some of them will probably live.  It makes more sense for them to be declared animals and then have them disassembled for transplant organs, used as test subjects or simply burned as fuel.

The Siegebreakers of the world make fine disposble troops.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.