And we're back!

Main Menu

Citizen Soldiers

Started by Siege, May 08, 2009, 12:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on May 10, 2009, 11:41:57 PM

Infantryman's Creed >> PsyOps Creed.

Hans, you guys really need to rewrite that thing.

Most Army creeds & whatnot are lame IMO, to the point of making me cringe when I first heard them.  Fortunately, there were enough cool cadences to make me forget about them.

Plus, I always thought the General Orders were kinda cool--  dunno why, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Please tell me there is no PSYOPS creed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Citizen Soldier, Dead Memories....something tells me Siege discovered Clear Channel Nu-Rock!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Siege

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2009, 11:05:09 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 10, 2009, 11:41:57 PM

Infantryman's Creed >> PsyOps Creed.

Hans, you guys really need to rewrite that thing.

Most Army creeds & whatnot are lame IMO, to the point of making me cringe when I first heard them.  Fortunately, there were enough cool cadences to make me forget about them.

Plus, I always thought the General Orders were kinda cool--  dunno why, though.

The general orders?
Are you out of your mind?
They have written "boring peace-time army" all over them.
Let me see if I remember then right out of my mind:

1- I will guard eveything within the limits of my post, and only quit my post when properly relieved.

2- I will obey my special orders and perform all my duties in a military manner.

3- I will report violations, emergencies, and anything not covered by my orders to the commander of the relieve.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"