News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Instead I will use Papal Bull as ops and call a debate in English.

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on July 07, 2012, 10:16:04 AM

You might want to consider using Papal Bull to excommunicate Cranmer and then call a debate in England.

sbr

Quote from: ulmont on July 07, 2012, 10:17:12 AM

You might want to consider using Papal Bull to excommunicate Cranmer and then call a debate in England.

:blush:  Yeah I'll do that.

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on July 07, 2012, 10:18:24 AM

It's not a clear-cut choice.  If you just call a debate, you can make sure you go against Tyndale committed.  If you excom Cranmer, you won't be able to excom him next turn, but you might get Latimer uncommitted and all that...

Solmyr

I'll Wartburg the Bull if it's used as event to excom Cranmer.

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on July 07, 2012, 10:20:32 AM
I'll Wartburg the Bull if it's used as event to excom Cranmer.

Of done deal then, that is what I am doing.

Solmyr

Philip of Hesse handily takes Mainz. Meanwhile, the Reformation kicks off in central England.

sbr

Quote from: ulmont on July 07, 2012, 10:19:20 AM
Quote from: sbr on July 07, 2012, 10:18:24 AM

It's not a clear-cut choice.  If you just call a debate, you can make sure you go against Tyndale committed.  If you excom Cranmer, you won't be able to excom him next turn, but you might get Latimer uncommitted and all that...

Why would I have been sure to go against Tyndale committed if I just called a debate?

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on July 07, 2012, 10:37:33 AM
Why would I have been sure to go against Tyndale committed if I just called a debate?

Tyndale was the only committed debater in the English zone.

Quote3. Choosing the Defender: The power initiating the debate has two options when choosing who to target with a theological attack. They may either:

• choose a random enemy debater from the pool of committed enemy debaters (of the proper language zone if the target is the Protestant), OR
• choose a random enemy debater from the pool of uncommitted enemy debaters (again of the proper language zone if the target is the Protestant).

So you could have picked "versus committed" and guaranteed Tyndale as an opponent.

sbr

Oh right, I was looking at an older file.

Viking

Prottys take Mainz but don't report it here.... so.. it's my turn now.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

QuotePlaying Home Card for OPs

1/5 Ibrahim and 4 Reg to Graz (will roll for interception)

QuoteInterception Failed - continuing turn

2/5 Ibrahim and 3 Reg to Mohacs (leaving 1 reg in Graz)
4/5 Tag Mohacs and Graz
5/5 Sulemain and 7 Regs assault defenseless vienna

QuoteOttoman: Message
Vienna falls to ottomans taking 1 casualty.

Now to deal with scumbag Gyppos.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

While it doesn't matter, you rolled 3 too few dice for the assault.  An attacker gets 1 die per non-cavalry land unit if the key is defenseless.

QuoteIf against a fortified space with no defending units:
• 1 die for each land unit in the assaulting formation (cavalry units are ignored)
• 1 die for each Battle Rating point from the highest-rated leader in the assaulting force

If against a fortified space with 1 or more defending units:
• 1 die for every 2 land units in the assaulting formation (cavalry units are ignored), round fractions up
• 1 die for each Battle Rating point from the highest-rated leader in the assaulting force

Viking

I realize that after rolling and I also realized that it didn't matter (except that that last roll could have been a miss, but I don't get to benefit from making mistakes).. so I didn't worry too much.

Tamas

#63: 4 / Dissolution of the Monasteries

Message from Hapsburgs:
English player draws 2 cards from deck. Protestant player then makes 3 Reformation attempts targeting the English language zone. Remove from deck if played as event.

no file, obviously