News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on July 06, 2012, 01:52:54 PM
Habsburg armies lose 6-2, what a fucking disaster of epic proportions.

At least we know you don't have any combat cards.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

I know Tamas is losing, but who's winning?  France, now?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on July 06, 2012, 03:43:07 PM

Tamas is still winning. One point ahead of Max, ulmont and sbr, I'm three points behind and solmyr is way out of it.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Montmorency gets the head chop.

Sent the file, hopefully correct as there was a numbering mixup.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on July 06, 2012, 04:04:59 PM

Because nothing says "sane Protestant player" like "playing event cards for the Hapsburgs."

Solmyr

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on July 06, 2012, 03:59:22 PM

Tamas is still winning. One point ahead of Max, ulmont and sbr, I'm three points behind and solmyr is way out of it.

:lol:  It's cute that you think the Habsburgs being 1 VP ahead means they're winning.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on July 06, 2012, 04:11:42 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 06, 2012, 04:04:59 PM

Because nothing says "sane Protestant player" like "playing event cards for the Hapsburgs."

Woof.  I hope the English/Habsburgs paid a good price for that.  Monty getting the axe is srs biznes.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#52: 4 / Michelangelo

Message from Ottoman:
1/4 Fleet to North African Coast
2/4 Uberstack Suleiman, Ibrahim 15Reg,1Cav move to pressburg
3/4 Mark Pressburg
4/4 Attack Ferdinand in Vienna

Am certain he will not intercept (since he can only do that with 6 dudes). He can try to evade a with separate formations.

OK, Tamas, what are you going to do, fight or make multiple evasion attempts by parts of your army.

He can hide with 4, evade with 6+leader and evade with 1 if he wants to try, or he can stand and fight. Remember my cavalry makes evading harder. I believe he will stand and fight, but I need some sort of confirmation.

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on July 06, 2012, 04:14:37 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 06, 2012, 03:59:22 PM

:lol:  It's cute that you think the Habsburgs being 1 VP ahead means they're winning.

If there is one thing that I have learned in boardgames where point accumulation matters is to point at the person I actually think is winning. If the other players see it they see it, if they don't they don't. Me telling them is just going to piss them off.

I need 9 piracy or a tamasite surrender after losing vienna and 6 piracy to win. England needs 1 vp and full conversion. France needs to find 3 vp somewhere and be allowed to chateux out the game. Tamas is a conquest + circumnav + 1 key away from winning while both solmyr and sbr are far away point wise and opportunity wise.

Tamas is the only player that can win this turn, so he is the leader. Me, ulmont and Max all need a few more points before we can try turtling to victory. So, yes, Tamas is leading, Max in second, me and ulmont in joint third and the religious nuts in joint 5th. But, as I said, me telling people this doesn't do me any good.

Tamas

winning this turn? lulz.

I take the battle Viking, roll it please

Tamas

can you play a response card as a battle card in your own impulse?

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Message
The Battle is

Suleiman, Ibrahim 15 Regulars and 1 Cav against
Ferdinand 7 Regulars and 2 Mercs.

2 + 15 + 1 = 18 ottoman dice
vs.
1 + 1 + 7 + 2 = 11 hapsburg dice

yes, I can play response cards in my own impulse.
Response Cards
Cards with the name of the card in blue and the word “Response”
printed on them are Response cards. Response cards are playable as
an event in the Action Phase during any player’s impulse (including
your own). Play of a Response card interrupts a player’s impulse, a
battle, or an Event card play. Players should allow a reasonable
amount of time for play of a Response card by another player after
each action, event, naval combat, or assault. Response cards can
also be played for CPs during a player’s impulse if a player does not
wish to use the card’s special ability to interrupt another player.

Quote1 / Landsknechts
RESPONSE If played by Hapsburgs, place 4 new Hapsburg mercenaries. If played by Ottomans, they eliminate 2 mercenaries anywhere on map. If played by any other power, place 2 new mercenaries. Mercenaries are placed in any combination of spaces already containing friendly land units (even just before a field battle or assault), but not in a stack under siege. May also be used as an event card to add mercenaries in a player's own impulse

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 18

Message from Ottoman:
18 Ottoman Attack Dice, hitting on 5 and 6

11 ottoman hits

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 11

Message from Ottoman:
Hapsburg battle dice, 11 dice hit on 5 and 6

4 Hapsburg hits.

Hapsburgs are wiped out, ferdinand is given lavish rooms at the Topkapi Palace and Vienna is laid under siege by the 12 remaining Ottoman Regulars with their leaders.