News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Rouen falls, and assuming I got the religious stuff right eventually Bristol and Shrewsbury return to the protestant fold

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on July 09, 2012, 04:05:02 PM
Rouen falls, and assuming I got the religious stuff right eventually Bristol and Shrewsbury return to the protestant fold

You can't commit Cranmer-as-debater without the Protestant player's agreement, which I'm guessing is not going to be forthcoming.  You do get the bonuses for Cranmer-as-reformer being close to your target spaces in either event.

BTW, Sol - if SBR had been able to excom Cranmer, then Max would not have been able to take any reformation attempts in England, so good job there.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

well, as rule of principle, in a game like this one, I keep my deals unless breaking them nets me the whole game. Against experienced diplomacy-ers like you guys, I might engage in lawyering to bend an agreement against it's intended spirit, but that's rarely necessary.

It is more necessary in Diplomacy-like games like Game of Thrones I guess, but even there I wouldn't break an agreement unless it yields huge profit.

edit: this was in reply to Viking of course

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on July 09, 2012, 04:10:35 PM

And So The Blame Game Begins

:lol:

I blame France.

For the first impulse or so, I was VERY worried that Max was about to backstab me and march on Antwerp - France was such an easy, obvious, empty target for him, that I couldn't believe he didn't have a better deal with France.
As it turns out no, he didn't, France just didn't think England would use the edge of about 4 badly guarded keys :P

Maximus

Quote from: ulmont on July 09, 2012, 04:08:09 PM
You can't commit Cranmer-as-debater without the Protestant player's agreement, which I'm guessing is not going to be forthcoming.  You do get the bonuses for Cranmer-as-reformer being close to your target spaces in either event.
So I need to reroll those again. That makes it a lot less sure thing.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on July 09, 2012, 04:13:20 PM
As it turns out no, he didn't, France just didn't think England would use the edge of about 4 badly guarded keys :P

I just hadn't done the math to see that Max could win this turn, was the problem.   :blush:

Maximus

Papists hang on in Shrewsbury, next player can fix that and the VPs. I have a fucking migraine

Maximus

Quote from: ulmont on July 09, 2012, 04:20:24 PM
I just hadn't done the math to see that Max could win this turn, was the problem.   :blush:
To be fair I had a really good hand this turn especially with the monaseries

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on July 09, 2012, 04:21:48 PM
Quote from: ulmont on July 09, 2012, 04:20:24 PM
To be fair I had a really good hand this turn especially with the monaseries

I blame Tamas and ACTS.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

OK England at 25 points with one card left winning ties and the pope with three cards left losing ties.

Conversion chances for Pope

Target                                Probability                         
Lincoln14%
Norwich14%
London3%
Bristol8%
Portsmouth5%
Plymouth14%

Losing ties is really a bitch.... winning ties would have added about 45% to each of those rolls.

Maximus

Thos eprobabilities aren't independent though

sbr

Maximus

I will be passing until doing so would end the phase
Actually that doesn't make much sense, ignore it

ulmont

Not having a conversion card, yes, passing at least until max hits one card.