David Cameron leaves 8-year-old daughter in pub

Started by jimmy olsen, June 11, 2012, 07:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

15 minutes! He's lucky she wasn't drunk off arse by then!

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/11/12160262-reports-uk-pm-david-cameron-leaves-8-year-old-daughter-in-pub?lite
QuoteReports: UK PM David Cameron leaves 8-year-old daughter in pub

By msnbc.com staff

LONDON -- British Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife left their eight-year-old daughter in a countryside pub by mistake after lunch on Sunday, according to reports.

Cameron rushed back minutes later to pick her up, the tabloid Sun newspaper reported.

Nancy had gone to the bathroom when rides were being organized to return home, the newspaper said.

The prime minister's office said Cameron and his wife Samantha were "distraught" when they realized Nancy wasn't with them, according to the BBC.

The Camerons had been having Sunday lunch with two other families near the prime minister's country home, according to reports. The prime minister went home in one car thinking that Nancy was with his wife and two other children in a second car, the Sun reported.

The child, who was looked after by staff at the 16th-century pub after her parents had left, was separated from her family for 15 minutes, the Sun reported.

The Sun quoted a pub "insider" as saying: "You'd have thought someone would have done a headcount or something."

The incident, which was widely reported in the British media, could prove especially embarrassing for the Conservative leader as it came just a day before the government relaunched a so-called troubled families program. The government says 120,000 troubled families are at the root of high amounts of crime and social disorder throughout the country.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 07:41:02 AM
The IRA missed a moon shot on that one.
War's over dude.  You lost.  Don't be one of those Japanese guys on the island in the 60s.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Really now? Advocating the assassination of 8 year old girls?

There's low, and then there's Martinus low. You have just broken through that barrier and hit the center of the Earth.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Neil on June 11, 2012, 07:51:27 AM
War's over dude.  You lost.  Don't be one of those Japanese guys on the island in the 60s.

They're all on an island over there.  :huh:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 11, 2012, 08:20:08 AM
Really now? Advocating the assassination of 8 year old girls?

There's low, and then there's Martinus low. You have just broken through that barrier and hit the center of the Earth.

I'm not advocating assassinating anything, you stupid ass cancer magnet.  Except you, of course. 

Beside, Prime Minister daughters are worth more alive than dead. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Grey Fox

We need to remember that a pub to the Brits is a lot like a Denny's to the Americans.

Doesn't the Cameron family have Bodyguards?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2012, 08:28:37 AM
We need to remember that a pub to the Brits is a lot like a Denny's to the Americans.

Could've been worse;  could've strapped her to the roof of the car.

Sheilbh

They've normally got a couple of personal protection people.  I don't think it's like the US where they each have different secret service agents and a massive operation around them though.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 11, 2012, 08:32:56 AM

They've normally got a couple of personal protection people.  I don't think it's like the US where they each have different secret service agents and a massive operation around them though.

It's still the responsibility of the detail to do a headcount of the family.  If Mom and Dad weren't doing it, where was the exec protect lead?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 11, 2012, 08:32:56 AM

It's still the responsibility of the detail to do a headcount of the family.  If Mom and Dad weren't doing it, where was the exec protect lead?

He was having a nice cup of tea back in Whitehall; we do things differently over here.  :bowler:

edit:
oops, if this was a weekend, he'd be playing in a competitive croquet match at some country pile or attending a village fate. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on June 11, 2012, 09:13:15 AM
attending a village fate. 

That sounds sinister.  Is this an ancient ceremony where the old wise momen examine the entrails of a slaughtered pig to determine the fate of the village?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2012, 09:17:03 AM

That sounds sinister.  Is this an ancient ceremony where the old wise momen examine the entrails of a slaughtered pig to determine the fate of the village?

:D

You should see the mistakes I make trying to post about an A&E department.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2012, 09:17:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

grumbler

I have seen some dumb, start-a-thread-for-no-reason OPs here before, but I am thinking this one takes the cake. 

This is a non-story and should be a non-thread.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!