David Cameron leaves 8-year-old daughter in pub

Started by jimmy olsen, June 11, 2012, 07:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on June 11, 2012, 10:06:45 AM
I have seen some dumb, start-a-thread-for-no-reason OPs here before, but I am thinking this one takes the cake. 

This is a non-story and should be a non-thread.

Nigga, puhleeze.  If it had been Sasha and Malia, the GOPtards here would've been all over Obama's hatred of children.  :lol: AT LEAST WE TRULY BELIEVE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND UNLIKE OBAMA

Richard Hakluyt

No mention of which beers were available, making it difficult to judge whether the pub is worth visiting  :hmm:

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 08:35:30 AM
It's still the responsibility of the detail to do a headcount of the family.  If Mom and Dad weren't doing it, where was the exec protect lead?
Apparently the parents were in different cars and they both thought the other had her.  The bodyguards were with Cameron but not in his wife's car.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

What's the big deal, I'm sure this has happened to most of use during our childhoods.

Hell on the few occasion it happened to me, I wasn't that bothered, though that time I had to walk ten miles home, only to find the locks had been changed was somewhat 'tiring'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 10:08:36 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 11, 2012, 10:06:45 AM
I have seen some dumb, start-a-thread-for-no-reason OPs here before, but I am thinking this one takes the cake. 

This is a non-story and should be a non-thread.

Nigga, puhleeze.  If it had been Sasha and Malia, the GOPtards here would've been all over Obama's hatred of children.  :lol: AT LEAST WE TRULY BELIEVE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND UNLIKE OBAMA

Well people might know the names of Obama's children. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 11, 2012, 12:16:35 PM
It's still the responsibility of the detail to do a headcount of the family.  If Mom and Dad weren't doing it, where was the exec protect lead?
Apparently the parents were in different cars and they both thought the other had her.  The bodyguards were with Cameron but not in his wife's car.

That's stupid.  She's a target, too.  Where's her detail?  What the hell's going on over there?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on June 11, 2012, 12:32:36 PM
What's the big deal, I'm sure this has happened to most of use during our childhoods.

What's the big deal? It's the kid of the Prime fucking Minister.  That is a bona fide security concern.

QuoteHell on the few occasion it happened to me, I wasn't that bothered, though that time I had to walk ten miles home, only to find the locks had been changed was somewhat 'tiring'.

You probably said something snippy.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 03:07:50 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 11, 2012, 12:16:35 PM

That's stupid.  She's a target, too.  Where's her detail?  What the hell's going on over there?

Things are done differently over here.   :bowler:

And I think there's an assumption that you can't really stop a determined assassin without chucking out all the access the public have to politicians and Vice versa.
A for instance, on the day Gordon Brown became PM, I was standing within 20 ft of him with an unchecked substantial shoulder bag, a suicide bomber could have probably got 10 lbs of explosive in that bag. In that situation I think there's very little his modest security detail could have done about a terrorist determined to kill.
I guess we reply on people being moderate in thier political opposition and the fact that the deranged/politically violent are a vanishingly small number in this country. 

Oh and I very much doubt the PM's wife has a security detail, I think I've read as much, though I think it would be a good idea if she had a detective with her whilst out and about. 

I'd guess that Tony Blair has the most substantial security detail of anyone in the country, well almost.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Boris Johnson is on MSNBC right now.  Why can't he run for POTUS?  Hell, he was born here.  We could use the variety.

Richard Hakluyt

Boris should become both POTUS and PM of the UK and run them as a personal union. He could then use their combined power to re-establish the Ottoman empire and make himself Caliph  :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 03:31:26 PM
You people learned nothing in 30 years.
Only one PM was ever assassinated, Spencer Perceval.  The man who tried to kill Robert Peel, and did kill his private secretary, was found insane - he's the origin of the M'Naghten rules.  Some students attempted to kidnap Alec Douglas-Home in 1964.  He explained that if they did so the country would vote Tory in sympathy - which is what they were trying to avoid, so they should let him go.  They did and he didn't report them to the police or university because he thought it would ruin their lives over a silly prank.

The IRA had a couple of pops at Thatcher and Major but always went for mortars or bombs.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

This thread made me crave fish and chips.

Sadly, I got Long John Silvers instead.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive