News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Romney impersonated police officer

Started by Martinus, June 11, 2012, 12:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on June 11, 2012, 08:13:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 03:39:51 PM
Apparently, he had quite the penchant for it.  Multiple times.  Multiple statements from multiple witnesses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/07/classmates-mitt-romney-im_n_1575680.html
You didn't even read your own link, did you? It's essentially the same story from the OP.

Meh, after 7 pages, I really can't be bothered. 

But like grumbler and Berkie say, there's plenty of real reasons to dislike the guy.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 09:34:44 PM
But like grumbler and Berkie say, there's plenty of real reasons to dislike the guy.

That's what you are falling back on? :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2012, 10:11:37 PM

Like I said before, I think his anti-protester protesting and "longing" to serve in Vietnam, while still accepting 4 deferments and hiding in France, is a lot more insightful of the guy's character than being a dickhead with a red light on his Rambler.  Oh, and physically assaulting somebody and cutting his hair says something, too.  As does animal abuse.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2012, 10:11:37 PM

Like I said before, I think his anti-protester protesting and "longing" to serve in Vietnam, while still accepting 4 deferments and hiding in France, is a lot more insightful of the guy's character than being a dickhead with a red light on his Rambler.  Oh, and physically assaulting somebody and cutting his hair says something, too.  As does animal abuse.

Agree
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Animal abuse?

Being anti-protester is  a good thing.  I'll give you the Vietnam thing, but why is it that all your complaints are 40 years out of date?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 11, 2012, 10:49:57 PM
Animal abuse?

Being anti-protester is  a good thing.  I'll give you the Vietnam thing, but why is it that all your complaints are 40 years out of date?

Because Bain Capital Gordon Gekkoism, Massachusetts, Romneycare, Teabagger economic suicide, and padding around in white robes like an extra from Defending Your Life baptizing dead Jews has been boring of late.

Jaron

Hey now, leave the Church out of this.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 11, 2012, 10:49:57 PM
Animal abuse?

...padding around in white robes like an extra from Defending Your Life ....

:lol: 

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 03:29:03 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2012, 11:16:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 06:28:51 AM
Actually, the legal term is personating a police officer, not impersonating.  And, yeah, it's a serious crime.

Maybe in Maryland, but not in S.C. Code 16-17-720.

Fuck your redneck state.

What's S.C. Code 16-17-721?  No more than 3 negroes can legally assemble in public?

If it were, wouldn't you have already moved here? :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)