News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Romney impersonated police officer

Started by Martinus, June 11, 2012, 12:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2012, 04:57:09 AM
True. But I find it hypocritical for BB (of all people) to say this is "not a big deal", considering the borderline-insane take he usually has on following the law.

I'd like to think I'm pretty consistent on not deciding who I support based on stuff that happened 20+ years ago.  Call me crazy, but I like to support someone based on their policies.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2012, 08:50:53 AM
I'd like to think I'm pretty consistent on not deciding who I support based on stuff that happened 20+ years ago.  Call me crazy, but I like to support someone based on their policies.

You say that now, but had he mocked and derided curling 20 years ago you would be screaming for blood.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on June 11, 2012, 08:56:54 AM

You say that now, but had he mocked and derided curling 20 years ago you would be screaming for blood.

Maybe Romney wasn't into sport back then. "Sport".  Who even talks like that?*

*Aside from Lettow, that is.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 09:00:52 AM
Quote from: PDH on June 11, 2012, 08:56:54 AM

Maybe Romney wasn't into sport back then. "Sport".  Who even talks like that?*

*Aside from Lettow, that is.

His "sport" was bullying and fucking with people back then, because he/daddy was privileged. I remember "seeing" and "dealing" with punks like him back in grade school through HS.

His popularity back then was linked to daddy and privilege.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

Impersonating a police officer is something most cops do on a daily basis.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on June 11, 2012, 09:53:57 AM
Impersonating a police officer is something most a few cops do on a daily basis.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

This thread is almost, but not quite, as amusing as the "dog-gate" thread.

Yeah, it sounds like Mitt was a tool when he was in high school and college, but we knew that from the bullying bit already.  That he and some friends pranked those friends' girlfriends by him dressing as a state trooper and pretending to arrest his friends isn't anything that I would consider when deciding whether or not to vote for him, not least because it was more than 40 years ago.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on June 11, 2012, 09:58:30 AM

Yeah, it sounds like Mitt was a tool when he was in high school and college, but we knew that from the bullying bit already.  That he and some friends pranked those friends' girlfriends by him dressing as a state trooper and pretending to arrest his friends isn't anything that I would consider when deciding whether or not to vote for him, not least because it was more than 40 years ago.
At the time it could have been funny.  I might have found it so in any case.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on June 11, 2012, 09:53:57 AM
Impersonating a police officer is something most cops do on a daily basis.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on June 11, 2012, 09:58:30 AM

But see, we can't talk about his goofy ass faith, his vulture capitalism, Massachusetts, his income taxes, his unemployed wife or his begging the Federal government to bail out the Olympics budget he managed to blow.  So we have to talk about something else.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 10:03:55 AM
But see, we can't talk about his goofy ass faith...

What is this, the Department of Redundancy Department?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 06:28:51 AM
Actually, the legal term is personating a police officer, not impersonating.  And, yeah, it's a serious crime.

Maybe in Maryland, but not in S.C. Code 16-17-720.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2012, 08:20:54 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2012, 02:40:28 AM
I'm pretty sure if I'd dressed like a cop when I was a kid in order to pull over some of my pals, and I'd been intercepted by a real cop, I'd have gone to jail.  (Especially if I was also a minor in possession of alcohol, like in the story.)

You also have something that Romney doesn't have.

Human body language?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 06:28:51 AM
Actually, the legal term is personating a police officer, not impersonating.  And, yeah, it's a serious crime.

Do strippers get some sort of exemption?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall