News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Romney impersonated police officer

Started by Martinus, June 11, 2012, 12:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on June 11, 2012, 06:58:13 AM
Was it a one-time prank to fuck with buddies, or was it a regular pattern of behavior, of which the prank was only one instance?  I think Berkut has danced around this issue a bit.

Apparently it was something he liked to do more than once, with multiple references from classmates and acquaintances.  His father had scored him a Michigan State Trooper's uniform from his personal security detail as governor.  Too funny.

QuoteI think the second interpretation is much more damning, and gives insight into the immutable personal trait.  Someone who impersonates a cop on a regular basis because he gets his jollies from pulling people over is a pretty unique kind of a creep.  Not as big of a creep as someone practicing his surgical skills on shelter cats, granted, but still a pretty eye-popping creep.

lol, yes I would agree that Trent Lott's youthful escapades was substantially more sociopathic than Romney.  :lol:

The Vice squad guys used to arrest people personating officers all the time.  You know why?  They'd use fake badges to shake down prostitutes for free blow jobs.

Then again, we'd lock people up trying to sneak into the hospital pretending to be doctors, too.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2012, 01:35:47 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2012, 01:34:18 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 11, 2012, 01:26:54 AM
Sociopath?

The dog thing and the dye job thing can both be read that way. This one, not so much.

This one involves (i) doing something wrong (which is also a crime), (ii) abusing privilege and (iii) causing distress to random people for kicks. I'd say this can be read as sociopathic too.
So "some guy" and "some guy"'s wife said he did something, and suddenly he is a sociopathic monster?
PDH!

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 07:07:07 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 11, 2012, 06:58:13 AM
Was it a one-time prank to fuck with buddies, or was it a regular pattern of behavior, of which the prank was only one instance?  I think Berkut has danced around this issue a bit.

Apparently it was something he liked to do more than once, with multiple references from classmates and acquaintances.  His father had scored him a Michigan State Trooper's uniform from his personal security detail as governor.  Too funny.

QuoteI think the second interpretation is much more damning, and gives insight into the immutable personal trait.  Someone who impersonates a cop on a regular basis because he gets his jollies from pulling people over is a pretty unique kind of a creep.  Not as big of a creep as someone practicing his surgical skills on shelter cats, granted, but still a pretty eye-popping creep.

lol, yes I would agree that Trent Lott's youthful escapades was substantially more sociopathic than Romney.  :lol:

The Vice squad guys used to arrest people personating officers all the time.  You know why?  They'd use fake badges to shake down prostitutes for free blow jobs.

Then again, we'd lock people up trying to sneak into the hospital pretending to be doctors, too.
WTF, Seedy?  You can't even keep the offenders of the crimes against felinity straight?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on June 11, 2012, 07:05:58 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 11, 2012, 02:15:46 AM
The dog on the roof was the kicker for me. Dudes a nutjob.

Yeah, I can see your point, but I wouldn't call him a nutjob, just indicates someone who doesn't have a lot of common sense and doesn't think through the immediate consequences of their actions. 

Which is quite a disadvantage for most powerful country in the world, that he's hoping to lead.

Actually, it's indictment of his moral compass more than anything.  Common sense, sure;  but more indicative of common morality.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on June 11, 2012, 07:09:11 AM
WTF, Seedy?  You can't even keep the offenders of the crimes against felinity straight?

:lol:  Oops.  Sorry, Trent.

I'm still on my first cup of coffee, man.  It's all fuzzy until 10 am.

Neil

See, these sorts of stories and reactions by stupid people (Martinus) are why you guys can never have anyone interesting as President anymore.  Still, the reactions here are a good indication why negative campaigning is so successful.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 06:28:51 AM
Actually, the legal term is personating a police officer, not impersonating.  And, yeah, it's a serious crime.
What's the difference? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 11, 2012, 07:32:46 AM
See, these sorts of stories and reactions by stupid people (Martinus) are why you guys can never have anyone interesting as President anymore.  Still, the reactions here are a good indication why negative campaigning is so successful.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 11, 2012, 07:36:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 06:28:51 AM
Actually, the legal term is personating a police officer, not impersonating.  And, yeah, it's a serious crime.
What's the difference? :unsure:

Fuck if I know.  We were just taught the charge was "personate", and it's in the Code as such. Probably because it was written in the 19th century. 

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2012, 02:17:02 AM
You may want to reanalyze your position.

For one thing, yeah, impersonating a police officer is very much a "crime crime," dude, and, yes, you can go to prison for a year in this state if you do it.  (And TBH, I'm shocked and appalled it's only a misdemeanor, given the tremendous danger someone impersonating a police officer can pose.  I'd be willing to bet it's a felony in at least some states.)

:yes: In NJ, it's a misdemeanor if you simply impersonate an official, once you add law enforcement into the equation, it becomes a felony.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2012, 02:40:28 AM
I'm pretty sure if I'd dressed like a cop when I was a kid in order to pull over some of my pals, and I'd been intercepted by a real cop, I'd have gone to jail.  (Especially if I was also a minor in possession of alcohol, like in the story.)

You also have something that Romney doesn't have.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2012, 08:20:54 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2012, 02:40:28 AM
I'm pretty sure if I'd dressed like a cop when I was a kid in order to pull over some of my pals, and I'd been intercepted by a real cop, I'd have gone to jail.  (Especially if I was also a minor in possession of alcohol, like in the story.)

You also have something that Romney doesn't have.

Sex with gentiles?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

I thought this might be a story that would make me like Romney more.  Maybe it would show his human side through youthful indiscretions.  No.  Just creepy.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 11, 2012, 08:34:52 AM
I thought this might be a story that would make me like Romney more.  Maybe it would show his human side through youthful indiscretions.  No.  Just creepy.

Yeah right. Let's be honest on the chances that you were going to like Romney more after this story. :rolleyes: