And we're back!

Main Menu

Romney impersonated police officer

Started by Martinus, June 11, 2012, 12:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 11, 2012, 11:16:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 06:28:51 AM
Actually, the legal term is personating a police officer, not impersonating.  And, yeah, it's a serious crime.

Maybe in Maryland, but not in S.C. Code 16-17-720.

Fuck your redneck state.

What's S.C. Code 16-17-721?  No more than 3 negroes can legally assemble in public?

DGuller

Again, everyone seems to ignore this question, but how regular was this behavior?  Was this a one-time prank, like many replying here assume, or did Mitt reguarly like to play cop, as seems to be alluded to in the original article?  Impersonating a cop regularly seems like an entirely different malfunction compared to doing it once as a prank.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on June 11, 2012, 03:33:15 PM
Again, everyone seems to ignore this question, but how regular was this behavior?  Was this a one-time prank, like many replying here assume, or did Mitt reguarly like to play cop, as seems to be alluded to in the original article?  Impersonating a cop regularly seems like an entirely different malfunction compared to doing it once as a prank.
This is a good point, actually.

If this was something he did regularly, that would be kind of bizarre.

And dragging my other analogy in, same thing with Obama and his cocaine use. Once in a while, fucking around in college? Probably no big deal.

Regular user? Yeah...that is a bit different.

From all information I've heard about Obama, it was the former rather than the latter.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Apparently, he had quite the penchant for it.  Multiple times.  Multiple statements from multiple witnesses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/07/classmates-mitt-romney-im_n_1575680.html

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on June 11, 2012, 03:36:58 PM
And dragging my other analogy in, same thing with Obama and his cocaine use. Once in a while, fucking around in college? Probably no big deal.

Regular user? Yeah...that is a bit different.

From all information I've heard about Obama, it was the former rather than the latter.

If a politician says he never did any drugs, that means he did a little.  If a politician says he did a little drugs, that means he did a lot.

Or something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2012, 03:39:51 PM

Apparently, he had quite the penchant for it.  Multiple times.  Multiple statements from multiple witnesses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/07/classmates-mitt-romney-im_n_1575680.html

:o That's it, I'm changing my vote.  To the Choom Wagon!!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 11, 2012, 03:42:54 PM

Fuck it, I'm still voting for the black dude that was fun at parties.

grumbler

Actually, the story says that he bragged to his friends that he did it.  That's not the same as actually doing it.  There's just the one case where he actually is known to have done it.

As said earlier, this is about a man who has serious issues in other arenas.  Bragging to his college friends isn't a crime, and doesn't even factor on the scale of douchiness that he has set already.

That doesn't mean I won't vote for him, douchiness and all.  It is a factor, though - but a factor based on real issues, not 40-year-old pranks or using a dog carrier to transport a dog.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Kleves

You didn't even read your own link, did you? It's essentially the same story from the OP. The "evidence" that he had done it multiple times is from a husband and wife who say Romney told them 40 years ago that he liked dressing up as a cop and pulling people over. That's hardly conclusive.

That said, if it turns out that Romney did have a habit of playing dress up and pulling people over, that's pretty damn nutty.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Scipio

Quote from: Jaron on June 11, 2012, 08:35:33 PM
Welp, Romney just lost my vote.
Doesn't your being a crypto-Mason wannabe require you to vote for His Mittness?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Now those Mormon girls will never sex you up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

If President Monson receives a revelation and instructs us to maybe, but he is unlikely to do that.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Good. Now move to a state where he's not going to get 2/3 of the votes anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on June 11, 2012, 03:42:54 PM

Choom?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point