News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

We Didn't Start The Fire rethemed for middle ages/renaissance. :nerd:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2024, 11:58:19 AMWe Didn't Start The Fire rethemed for middle ages/renaissance. :nerd:

:lol: Sent this to the woman who took over teaching my AP Euro class.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Mike Bassett, England manager.
It is the full movie.

I would say it is one of the best satires from Britain. Old, though.

Josquius

It's good. The follow up series was decent too.

A better satire not everyone has seen is three lions. Also entirely on YouTube I think.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

"Wirrall Rubbish. I get it now, gaff"

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on July 03, 2024, 05:17:24 AM
Quote from: Josquius on July 03, 2024, 05:03:49 AMIt seems interesting but I fear I'd have to know about the music he's talking about to really value it. I'm unfamiliar with this neo-x genre.

Then check his Orientalism video. Talks about how Western movies' and games' "desert music" vs the real thing.

Fascinating videos - thanks for sharing.

Jacob

So Syt, thanks again for sharing Farya's channel. The informational videos are excellent, but his historical music is phenomenal. I've been listening all evening.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

A fun little exploration of "fossil words."  Don't click if you have a tooth phobia.  :lol:

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

So, were speaping of accents...

What is this accent??

I know I'm not the only Frenchie out there struggling tp understand him.  He speaks super fast, but there's something else....  what is it?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Sounds like a southerner trying not to sound southern.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

My money on West Coast.  NoCal, Wash, Oregon.

Norgy

I am utterly fascinated by some bloke who seems to be taken right out of Metallica talking about overclocking CPUs.

Syt

Reminds me a bit of how Allen Xie from Generation Tech sounds:

No idea where in the US he is from, though. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy