Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Soon, another alien scout appears over North America, headed for Mexico.  After it is taken down...

...Captain katmai orders the Skyranger to load up, making sure Jaron is onboard as they go to cleanse their ancestral homeland of the alien menace...

The squad deploys...unusual this time, not a sectoid in sight.  Katmai divides them up into three teams, CdM leading his team to clear a barn and sweep the left flank, Meri leading another team to sweep right, while Katmai leads the bulk of the force up the middle towards the downed craft.

One hostile is spotted, and katmai snipes it down from long range...

The area around the downed craft is cleared by the other teams without incident, nor any further hostiles.  They then move to breach the spacecraft, the rookie Viking taking point...

...he takes down one hostile inside, and grumbler spots another soon after that Funk takes down with a precision shot from one of the new laser rifles they got for this mission.

A nice clean operation, that results in a promotion for 11B4V to Sergeant.

January soon comes to a close...

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Ed Anger

I expect everyone to defend the Vagina Wall to the death when the alien attacks start coming. NOT ONE STEP BACK
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 08, 2012, 07:47:51 PMThey then move to breach the spacecraft, the rookie Viking taking point...

and there I was thinking I was the ideal candidate for the Red Shirt #1 role.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 08, 2012, 08:08:31 PM
I expect everyone to defend the Vagina Wall to the death when the alien attacks start coming. NOT ONE STEP BACK

X-COM: NKVD Division
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Construction of the foundation for the European base, located on the outskirts of Budapest, gets underway...

One alien scout was spotted and chased from North America to Europe, where it was taken down near the new base site.
It took a hard landing, and only one survivor remained, who was easily eliminated.

February starts off slow, but soon there are rampant intel reports coming from East Asia...alien activity is afoot, but we cannot get any reading on it.  Along with that, one large alien ship was spotted over Europe, but being far too dangerous for the Interceptors to challange, they could only shadow it, along with the Skyranger, hoping to catch it on the ground...but it ended up escaping.

Southeast Asia is too far away for the Interceptors to patrol...so the Skyranger had to be sent out to hope and get lucky...and soon it is able to catch a scout on the ground in the forests of northern Japan....

Though being forced to approach the landing zone of the alien craft in the dark, the squad combed the forest quickly, finding and taking out two hostiles as the HWP quickly secured the hatch of the spacecraft for the insertion team to get into position.

This time, Martinus took point...dropping one sectoid, and Tamas followed that up with another kill...

Alas, not all was without incident...as the squad prepared to storm the bridge, a sectoid burst out...sprinting past Martinus and capturedfairy, shooting rookie Alcibiades dead before being taken down.

Martinus then stormed the bridge...the last sectoid shooting him in the face with a stun/anti-gay bomb....NO EFFECT!  Martinus easily dispatches the last enemy....and keeps his gayness intact.

Though poor Alcibiades joins the Wall of Honor, a slew of promotions come from this mission:

katmai

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on June 08, 2012, 09:29:00 PM
A full bird Colonel :o

In this game, once you get on that fast-track, even if you just sit your ass on base...you go all the way to the top.

QuoteBeet Field   :lol:

When the time comes for the East Asia base, I am going to need ideas.  :P

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 08, 2012, 09:44:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 08, 2012, 09:29:00 PM
A full bird Colonel :o

In this game, once you get on that fast-track, even if you just sit your ass on base...you going all the way to the top.
It was all luck. :goodboy:

KRonn

I played this game a lot! But I only had one instance of Aliens attacking a base. Kind of a bummer as that was a fun battle, and it adds a lot of challenge to the game. I think also that the game doesn't play at the harder levels even if selected. Does anyone remember reading that about the game? I never really knew if that's true as it's a pretty challenging game anyway.

sbr

Great work Tonitrus  :lol:

I have never played any X-Com game.  :Embarrass:  I will have to look for it cheap sometime after I finish my Colonization game.