Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Scipio on June 06, 2012, 07:40:32 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2012, 07:27:28 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 06, 2012, 06:29:07 PM

Notes: Names for female soldiers might soon become a problem.  Also, if the death toll gets heavy, I am reserving the right to bring back people from the dead (i.e. "Ed Anger mk.2)

WTF, I never get on these lists.
Me neither.  C'est la guerre.

And besides...I forgot to add myself yet as well.  :lol:

PDH

PDH is one of the scientists trying to figure out the secrets of the plasma rifle.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Nice.  I hope to see more amusing updates, sir. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

What's the back story on this game? 

Post apocalyptic break down in society, followed by alien invasion?

The Department of Defense sells alien-fighting franchises?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 12:57:09 AM
What's the back story on this game? 

Post apocalyptic break down in society, followed by alien invasion?

The Department of Defense sells alien-fighting franchises?

Most powerful nations on Earth, in response to a growing alien threat, create a multi-national military organization known as X-COM to fight the invasion.  Must maintain funding support from said nations.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 06, 2012, 07:19:14 PM
Ed Anger then bravely moves forward under the hail of fire...which kills the soldier behind him(later found to be Siege).  Ed is able to get a couple shots off, but is himself quickly killed.  Finally, CdM moves up and gives the evil sectoid the coup-de-grace.

CdM rolls left out of the Skyranger after it, opening fire on a flanking sectoid before being forced to take cover.

Merithyn then follows him up, firing on full auto to bring it down.

Then katmai deploys right, spotting an hostile on the far side of the downed craft, taking it down with a very well placed shot.

Being that the alien craft is so close to the LZ, the team moves into position...

Brazen, backed up by CdM, move to the far side of the craft, Valmy, Neil and MiM prepare to breach the alien craft while katmai covers their flank.

MiM takes the point on the breach, a grazing shot of plasma from the lone sectoid inside has no effect, and he quickly puts it down.

After clearing the craft, they almost thought this mission was over, but the first sectoid brought down by CdM seemed to have survived.  CdM himself promptly dispatched the unarmed hostile.

After the mission, a few are recognized for promotion...

...and the fallen are mourned.

KIA:
Ed Anger
Monoriu
Siege

Notes: I think I jinxed Ed with that "mk.2" example earlier.  :P

:lol:  Mono got waxed.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 06, 2012, 09:50:50 PM

katmai sends Caliga in on point....

....uh oh....

Katmai has to make the big decisions.

"Uhh, you go first."
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Cecil

I actually never played UFO. I managed to finish TFTD though and I count that as a fine accomplishment.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 07, 2012, 06:22:37 AM
Katmai has to make the big decisions.

"Uhh, you go first."

He would make a great Sallah.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Continued....

Caliga, seeing his dangerous position, decides to duck back out the hatch, fortunate in not taking any reaction fire.  Valmy then feeds them a grenade, and the insertion team readies for a second attempt.  The grenade did not kill either, but Cal storms in, taking one down, and Brazen, right behind him, dispatches the second.

Raz then leads the breach into the control room, blasting away...

Though ultimately, Brazen and Valmy take the next two down.

The craft is cleared, and katmai's "courage" leads to promotion to Captain, and current leader of X-COM...

And Meri gets a well-deserved promotion.

Tonitrus

Later in the month, another craft drops screaming out of orbit in the vicinity of the Vagina Wall in North America....

Taken down over Wisconsin, the response team waits for daylight before deploying to the scene, now partially equipped with some new laser pistols...

And the team for this mission:

...whoops, hit "post" prematurely, mission details coming right up.