Classic X-COM: UFO Defense AAR - "Languish Force"

Started by Tonitrus, June 06, 2012, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Lady Europa gets a shot before me?  :mad:

Tonto is now off the Christmas mailing list.

Tonitrus

Once again, the sectoid LZ is hot.  The HWP takes down one in the nearby field (you just see the tip of the gangway plank there), and exposes another in a nearby barn.

Meanwhile, the HWP starts taking heavy from, again from multiple directions....

MiM guns down the sectoid in the barn, and as the squad rolls out of the Skyranger, Meri takes down another sectoid near the downed spacecraft (located just off the side of the Skyranger).

Again, the squad divides into two teams, Meri, Jaron, Raz, 11B4V, Caliga will breach the craft while MiM, Lusti, Hans, grumbler, Garbon will sweep the exterior.

This time, Jaron takes point on the breach, running right into two sectoids.  He takes one down and dives right while 11B4V, armed with one of the new laser pistols, follows up the second.

Meanwhile, outside....

Man down!  An unseen hostile guns down MiM!

...and then Team 2 is in trouble...already down a man, Lusti spots MiM's killer on the right flank, and Hans spots another on the left...

...but Garbon snipes down MiM's killer, and Hans readily dispatches his target.  The rest of the spacecraft turns up clear.

But after a week of relaxation, reports come in an alien terror attack:

After taking a few minutes to decide if they care about saving Lagos, the team mounts up for a terror mission.  The new HWP is still on backorder, so an expanded-squad mounts up and heads out for Africa....

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 06:26:36 PM
Lady Europa gets a shot before me?  :mad:

Tonto is now off the Christmas mailing list.

Do you want to be a woman?  :P

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 07, 2012, 06:33:00 PM
Do you want to be a woman?  :P

Don't try to make all kissy face now.  You've burned your bridges.

Tonitrus

If it is any consolation, I had to resort to naming one of the newer female recruits "Too old, too fat".  :lol:

Admiral Yi

It's some consolation. :weep:

You should name your next chick Hillary.  :D

KRonn

Great game Tonitrus! How did you load it? Through a DOS box kind of setup I assume? I wouldn't think it runs on modern systems. I used to have it loaded, but I think it was on Win98 or something.

FunkMonk

Quote from: KRonn on June 07, 2012, 08:31:38 PM
Great game Tonitrus! How did you load it? Through a DOS box kind of setup I assume? I wouldn't think it runs on modern systems. I used to have it loaded, but I think it was on Win98 or something.

It's on Steam for 5 bucks. It works pretty well, at least on my box.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

KRonn

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 07, 2012, 08:39:00 PM
Quote from: KRonn on June 07, 2012, 08:31:38 PM

It's on Steam for 5 bucks. It works pretty well, at least on my box.
Thanks. Good to know. Tempted to play it again.

katmai

Yeah i bought the whole series on sale from Steam for like $7.99 a few months back. Hell X-Com was reason i bought a PC back in the day :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Playing with Steam, which appears to use an automated Dosbox.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien