Jerry Sandusky's Alleged Victims Lose Court Bid to Stay Anonymous

Started by garbon, June 04, 2012, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I really wanted him to take the stand, if only to say even more weirdo, off-the-wall, self-incriminating shit than the shit he already had in public.  But his lawyers aren't that crazy.

katmai

The "sure i did all those things, but it wasn't sexual" defense?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Didn't that fucking moron say something along the lines of "I only asked some of the kids I mentored for sexual favors... BUT NOT ALL OF THEM LOL" in his interview with Costas?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

The best part of that Costas interview was when Bob asked him if he was sexually attracted to boys, and he answered with the agonizingly long "Well..." response.  :lol:

That was worse that Wacko Jacko and Ed Bradley.  :lol:

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on June 21, 2012, 06:22:46 PM
Didn't that fucking moron say something along the lines of "I only asked some of the kids I mentored for sexual favors... BUT NOT ALL OF THEM LOL" in his interview with Costas?
Pretty much.  As I recall, Costas asking something like "was this charity set up to give you access to young boys" and Sandusky answered something along the lines of "many of the boys I helped have never accused me of anything."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on June 20, 2012, 06:19:32 PM
So the trial is almost over (I think closing arguments start tomorrow).

I predict a mistrial.  Too many idiots end up on juries today who think real life is like CSI: Miami and every case should have a smoking gun, or else they have 'reasonable doubt'. :)
Guilty on 45 of 48 counts.  Cal = incorrect. :sleep:

I'm kind of glad I was wrong, though. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on June 22, 2012, 09:32:49 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 20, 2012, 06:19:32 PM
So the trial is almost over (I think closing arguments start tomorrow).

I predict a mistrial.  Too many idiots end up on juries today who think real life is like CSI: Miami and every case should have a smoking gun, or else they have 'reasonable doubt'. :)
Guilty on 45 of 48 counts.  Cal = incorrect. :sleep:

I'm kind of glad I was wrong, though. :)

I'm glad you were wrong too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18561442

QuoteFormer US college football coach Jerry Sandusky has been found guilty of 45 out of 48 counts of child sex abuse.

The jury reached its verdict at the end of its second day of deliberations.

Sandusky, 68, denied 48 counts of abusing 10 boys over 15 years. A full guilty verdict could have seen him spend the rest of his life in jail.

Sandusky's arrest in November caused a scandal at Penn State University that saw the president, and legendary football coach Joe Paterno, fired.

After the verdict, Sandusky's bail was revoked and he was taken into custody in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

The decision, delivered by a jury of seven women and five men, came after about 21 hours of deliberations over two days.

A large crowd had gathered outside the courthouse as the hearing was under way, and people cheered as the verdict was delivered.
Unfolding accusations

Sandusky, who did not testify, was accused of abusing boys he met through Second Mile, a charity he founded for at-risk youth.

He allegedly abused them at his home, in hotels and the athletic facilities of Penn State.

Eight men aged between 18 and 28 testified during the nearly two-week trial, providing graphic details of the alleged abuse.

One witness told the court how he hid and then threw away underwear after Sandusky allegedly forced him to have anal sex, making him bleed.

Sandusky's arrest in November led to the firing of several Penn State officials amid accusations that the university had failed to act on reports of suspected abuse.

Two Penn State administrators are awaiting trial for failing to report the suspected abuse and lying to the grand jury.

Penn State boasts one of the proudest football traditions in the country

CountDeMoney

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2012, 09:45:16 PM
Could've been stopped years ago.
Yup. Lets hope the Penn st. administrators that covered it up get hammered.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Don't worry, Tim. The hammer of justice will come down on Penn State just like it did on the Catholic Church.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on June 23, 2012, 02:18:15 AM
Don't worry, Tim. The hammer of justice will come down on Penn State just like it did on the Catholic Church.
:XD:

Phillip V

We need to stop enabling---even promoting and marrying---monsters.

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on June 23, 2012, 02:59:01 AM
We need to stop enabling---even promoting and marrying---monsters.

That joke went over my head.