Jerry Sandusky's Alleged Victims Lose Court Bid to Stay Anonymous

Started by garbon, June 04, 2012, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I was worried that with the main witness (Paterno) dead, the Penn state officials would get off scott free. Looks like I don't have to worry. :)

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/11/12169577-nbc-former-penn-state-president-could-face-charges-in-sandusky-case?lite

QuoteNBC: Former Penn State president could face charges in Sandusky case

Updated at 4:02 p.m. ET: Pennsylvania prosecutors are considering criminal charges against former top Penn State University officials for allegedly concealing what they knew about the conduct of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, law enforcement told NBC News.

Follow @msnbc_us

As Sandusky's trial began Monday on 52 counts alleging that he abused 10 boys over 15 years, the sources said investigators had obtained new evidence, including internal university email messages and other documents.

The documents show that former university President Graham Spanier and others discussed whether they were obligated to tell authorities about a 2001 allegation involving a late-night encounter in a Penn State shower room between Sandusky and a young boy, both of whom were naked, the sources said.
The documents allegedly show that university officials even did legal research on whether such conduct might be a crime, but in one email exchange, Spanier and former university Vice President Gary Schultz agreed that it would be "humane to Sandusky" not to inform social services agencies, two sources said.

It wasn't the first time university officials had heard about Sandusky's alleged behavior. Schultz, who headed the campus police at the time, testified to a grand jury that he knew about an alleged separate incident involving Sandusky and a young boy in a shower in 1998. That report was investigated by local authorities but never led to charges.

The documents also indicate that Spanier and former university Athletic Director Tim Curley took a report from former graduate assistant coach Michael McQueary more seriously than they led grand juries investigating the case to believe.

McQueary — who is expected to testify for the prosecution at Sandusky's trial — originally testified to a grand jury that he saw Sandusky in the shower with a young boy in March 2002. But an email revealed Monday indicates that Spanier, Schultz and Curley discussed what McQueary allegedly saw and whether to report it more than a year earlier.

Lawyers for Spanier, who was fired in September, didn't return calls seeking comment.

In a statement, lawyers for Schultz and Curley said "the information confirms that Tim Curley and Gary Schultz conscientiously considered Mike McQueary's reports of observing inappropriate conduct, reported it to the University President Graham Spanier and deliberated about how to responsibly deal with the conduct."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on June 11, 2012, 05:29:43 PM
Main witness?
WTF, how dumb are you Tim?
Not in the Sandusky case, the case against the higher ups in the university that covered things up.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on June 11, 2012, 05:29:43 PM
Main witness?
WTF, how dumb are you Tim?

Dumb enough to talk about people getting of "scott" free.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Fucking crazy. It's amazing how stupid people can be.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/06/11/documents-reveal-secret-file-regarding-sandusky-sex-abuse/
QuotePITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Documents filed by the Attorney General's office indicate new evidence has been uncovered against several former Penn State officials, including Graham Spanier and Gary Schultz.

In documents obtained by KDKA-TV investigators, the Attorney General's Office indicates former vice president Schultz kept a secret file with allegations regarding Sandusky and sex abuse. This comes after an NBC report alleges Spanier did not report alleged abuse because it would be humane to Sandusky to not report the matter.

"Only recently was the commonwealth provided with a file containing documents relating to incidents involving Sandusky," a statement from the Attorney General's office says. "The file was created, maintained and possessed by Schultz. Documents in that file are inconsistent with statements by Schultz and his co-defendant, Curley, to the Grand Jury.

"Also, the commonwealth has come into possession of computer data (again, subpoenaed long ago but not received from PSU until after the charges had been filed in this case) in the form of e-mails between Schultz, Curley and others that contradict their testimony before the Grand Jury."

Sources close to the investigation confirm both e-mails in the file kept by Schultz as well as e-mails found in computer data indicate high-ranking Penn State officials, including Spanier, Schultz and former athletic director Tim Curley, knew about an alleged sexual assault that took place in the Penn State locker room shower.

Those documents filed by the Attorney General's office late Monday indicate Schultz told so many lies in his Grand Jury testimony that it was impossible to respond to each and every one of them.

Penn State says the e-mails were discovered and immediately turned over.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

That's right, kids:  When you press that SEND button, it's all discoverable.

DGuller

:yes: That point was stressed repeatedly during my training.  Hmm, actually, I wonder why?  :hmm: :unsure:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on June 12, 2012, 06:08:46 PM
:yes: That point was stressed repeatedly during my training.  Hmm, actually, I wonder why?  :hmm: :unsure:

Never mention your accounting irregularities in email form. Or text. Or IM. Or in files on your hard drive. Yes, that thing can undergo sector analysis even after you format it.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 12, 2012, 06:29:09 PM
Drill holes in your hard drives.

I've discovered, since working with computer forensics guys, that they can work some real miracles with hard drives--but they can't put them back together after you've sledgehammered the shit out of them.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2012, 06:49:11 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 12, 2012, 06:29:09 PM
Drill Shoot holes in your hard drives.

Fixed.

My former employer didn't let us shoot the giant pile of hard drives.

Unfun supervisory job: Watching people take out a giant pile of hard drives with drills. Then count the drives to make sure we got them all. Then fill out the paperwork (ON PAPER WITH CARBON PAPER COPIES).
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

So the trial is almost over (I think closing arguments start tomorrow).

I predict a mistrial.  Too many idiots end up on juries today who think real life is like CSI: Miami and every case should have a smoking gun, or else they have 'reasonable doubt'. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

:(

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/attorney_for_jerry_sanduskys_a.html

BELLEFONTE -- Matt Sandusky, through his attorney Andrew Shubin, said that he met with prosecutors this week to say for the first time that he is a molestation victim of Jerry Sandusky, his adopted father. Matt, 33, was adopted by Jerry and Dottie Sandusky as an adult, after going to live with the family as a foster child.

He has denied ever being abused by his adopted father until now. "This has been an extremely painful experience for Matt and he has asked us to convey his request that the media respect his privacy. There will be no further comment," Shubin said in a statement.

Shubin also said Matt was prepared to testify truthfully at trial, if called by prosecutors. It is unclear why he did not testify.

In March, The Patriot-News reported that Matt had a rocky relationship with his adopted father. His biological mother told The Patriot-News she believed Sandusky had stolen her son from her.

His biological mom, Debra Long, testified before the grand jury in early 2011 about strange behavior she says she witnessed between her son and Sandusky.

Matt testified, too. But Sandusky's attorney, Joe Amendola said at the time that he was not worried about Matt's testimony, and that Long was making false allegations because she was angry at the Sandusky family.

During testimony at trial, Victim 4 told jurors that one time Jerry Sandusky began touching him during a shower, Matt Sandusky was present, but left the shower when the assault began

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Yeah, that was kind of a bummer to hear... but is anyone really surprised?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points