News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Doh, for some reason I was editing that post with this:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20092301/report-big-east-considering-tweaks-to-conference-name

QuoteReport: Big East considering 'tweaks' to conference name

When the Big East announced the football-only additions of Boise State and San Diego State to the league membership, the conference seemed more "Big" and less "East." Combined with the all-sport additions of Memphis, Houston, SMU , and UCF in 2013; the league now spans the entire country. Conference USA is already taken, but the Big East is reportedly considering a name change.

A report in Businessweek.com cites comments from interim commissioner Joe Bailey, who reportedly said at the Bloomberg Sports Business Summit in New York the league is considering the possibilities of a different name to replace "Big East."

"The unintended consequences of adding new schools is that all of a sudden the Big East is a national conference," Bailey said. "It extends to four time zones in major markets. In one sense, it almost represents the United States in that diversity."

Bailey told the group that the Big East has commissioned a study to consider alternative names for the conference. What would you suggest for the league? Let us know in the comment section below, on Facebook, or give your Big East name idea to us on Twitter.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Just don't give it a name. Nobody will care.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Ugh, Yankee vengeance. Chen has imploded like bad kimchi.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2012, 07:28:14 PM
Ugh, Yankee vengeance. Chen has imploded like bad kimchi.

Which NCAA team is the Yankees?

MadBurgerMaker

The Utah - Utah State game is a total clusterfuck of turnovers and mistakes.  13-0 Utah State. Utah can't do anything on O, but the announcer, at least for a bit, was doing his best to jinx the upset, talking about how it just feels like a "special night" for Utah State before the first Q was even over.

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

^^lolz^^

After the dumbassery of the first half, Utah opened the scoring in the 3rd Q with a flea flicker for a TD.  Sweet.  They're kinda back to being stupid now though.

E:  Oh wow.  I just saw a KFC commercial for a bucket of chicken, some biscuits, and whatever else comes with large quantities of fried chicken these days, plus 4 UTSA tickets for $20.   Sure, you get the runs, but hey FOOTBALL

CountDeMoney

AND THE QUARTERBACK IS TOAST

CountDeMoney

lol, didn't know that's Paul Kruger's little brother.  Cool.

Valmy

Quote from: Bill in SintonGO HORNS! BEAT NEW MEXICO!

Great win over Wyoming but now we must get ready for a new challenge. We must keep the synergy going! We must not underestimate New Mexico. They are coming off a big win over Southern 66-21 so we must be ready. Everyone knows what to do go let's get started. Go Horns! Fight and Win!

You better not be underestimating New Mexico MBM and FunkMonk.  The team is coutning on us!

Anyway our Big 12 watching guide for this week (in CST of course):

11 AM on FX Miami at Kansas State
2:30 PM on FSSW Rice at Kansas
2:30 PM on Big Ten Network Iowa State at Iowa
6 PM on ESPN3 Texas Tech at (?!) Texas State
6 PM Grambling at TCU
6 PM Florida A&M at Oklahoma
7 PM on Longhorn Network New Mexico at Texas
9:30 PM on Pac-12 Network Oklahoma State at Arizona

I hope at least one of those two seemingly untelevised games are on FX  :glare:
Kind of sucks this week really only Miami at Kansas State is on nationally.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

I knew a cop that played for New Mexico football, back in the early '90s.  Shit, can't remember his name.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Valmy, check yo PMs.  Also, New Mexico is Bob Davie's new team, which means I hate them a lot.

E:  Florida A&M and OU is going to be replayed on the Sooner Network (Fox Sports Net) on Sunday if you...really want to watch.

FunkMonk

I have fond memories of New Mexico from NCAA2008 or whatever game it was.   :blush:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

I hope he makes the second attempt.  Icing the kicker is so dumb.  52 yards is a long way though.

E:  Blah.  He shanked that one even worse than the first attempt.  Oh well.  OT coming up.  Woo. E2:  Utah State with the win.  Nice.