Citizens United in getting Assraped: GOP PACs plan a record $1B+ election spree

Started by CountDeMoney, May 30, 2012, 07:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 01:34:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2012, 01:25:43 PM
Nah, I told you guys from the beginning it's Mitt's turn.

He's the wrong guy for the job, esse.

OH NO HE'S NOT

Regardless, I was talking about the GOP nom, not Presidency.  I'd still say Obama has a (very) slight edge, sadly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

What i find fascinating about the Wisconsin recall is how Walker is barely in the lead (considering a 25 to 1 spending ratio) but on the Presidential level, Obama's about 15 points ahead.   Go fig.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 11:30:23 AM
What i find fascinating about the Wisconsin recall is how Walker is barely in the lead (considering a 25 to 1 spending ratio) but on the Presidential level, Obama's about 15 points ahead.   Go fig.

Ed Schultz dined and dashed too much up there. I bet that fat fucker ate so many pancakes, he had to waddle out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

What i find fascinating about the Wisconsin recall is how Walker is barely in the lead 

He's up by 7 points.  I wouldn't call that 'barely'.

Quote(considering a 25 to 1 spending ratio)

So does his lead need to be in direct proportion to spending?  Your union thug buddies wanted a fight & they got one :D

Quotebut on the Presidential level, Obama's about 15 points ahead.   Go fig.

Where are you getting that figure?  Obama's lead is about half that.  Anyway, I don't see how Obama's lead has much to do with the amount of money spent on Walker's campaign.  I've said that I think Walker and Obama may both win, even though lots of people seem to think a Walker win will somehow help Romney later on.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2012, 11:40:47 AM

Ed Schultz dined and dashed too much up there. I bet that fat fucker ate so many pancakes, he had to waddle out.

You know, some people call him Sgt. Schultz.  I call him Special Ed.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 11:41:46 AM

Hey now, at least he isn't Martin 'Flag Code' Bashir. Now there is a seriously stupid shithead.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2012, 11:46:49 AM

Hey now, at least he isn't Martin 'Flag Code' Bashir. Now there is a seriously stupid shithead.

HEY NOW

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 10:59:21 AM
Ed Rendell is already calling the Wisconsin recall election a mistake :lol:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/06/01/rendell_recalling_scott_walker_was_a_mistake.html

I was up in Wisconsin recently.  Constant pro-Walker ads.  Didn't see one for the other guy.  Not one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2012, 01:36:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 01:34:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2012, 01:25:43 PM
Nah, I told you guys from the beginning it's Mitt's turn.

He's the wrong guy for the job, esse.

OH NO HE'S NOT

Regardless, I was talking about the GOP nom, not Presidency.  I'd still say Obama has a (very) slight edge, sadly.

If Romney had the same record and was running as a Democrat for President, would you vote for him?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 11:55:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2012, 11:46:49 AM

HEY NOW

I want to punch your avatar.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 11:59:09 AM
If Romney had the same record and was running as a Democrat for President, would you vote for him?

I guess that would depend on whom is GOP opponent would be.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 11:59:09 AM

I guess that would depend on whom is GOP opponent would be.

Actually this is an interesting question.  I think I'll make a separate thread of it.  Be right back