Citizens United in getting Assraped: GOP PACs plan a record $1B+ election spree

Started by CountDeMoney, May 30, 2012, 07:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2012, 11:11:23 PM
By trying to roll back a hundred years of social progress, and by making unions necessary again.

Can you be a little more specific?

Razgovory

What?  Millions of dollars of stolen oil isn't enough for you Yi?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Oh, it's fine.  Let the rich make their stupid case for a third world country.  Their calls for anarchy will be the nails in their own coffins.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2012, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 08:01:14 PM
Neil is right.  The Chamber of Commerce is an evil institution.  I remember they kept wanting the City to just give them money to entice business to come to Jefferson City.  When asked what kind of business they were enticing they said they couldn't say.  Secret contracts and such.
The whole thing is a scam.  They're more like gangsters or lobbyists than a proper business organization.

I always thought that the "Chamber of Commerce" sounds like a place you get locked up in and tortured by being forced to short-sell derivatives and soya bean futures.  :blush:

"Take him to the Chamber of Commerce!"   :menace:

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 09:33:38 PM
Fine, on it is.  But if I were an Obama supporter I'd be a little worried about how his campaign has been run thus far.  Being on the other side of course, I welcome it.
Right now I think his campaign's losing.  That it pleases DG that he's not bending over and taking it any more is a worry for me.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 31, 2012, 05:58:21 AM
Fine, on it is.  But if I were an Obama supporter I'd be a little worried about how his campaign has been run thus far.  Being on the other side of course, I welcome it.
Right now I think his campaign's losing.  That it pleases DG that he's not bending over and taking it any more is a worry for me.

Don't worry. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 31, 2012, 05:58:21 AM

I don't think it is even close. Romney has no chance against Obama.

Congress is where the real battle is happening, I suspect.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 09:17:04 AMI don't think it is even close. Romney has no chance against Obama.
Maybe.  As I say, in my view Obama's running a very bad campaign.  Also I think Romney could still win, though I hope he doesn't.

There's also the known unknowns out there.  I think Eurozone collapse would, for example, entirely change the nature of the race.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 09:17:04 AMI don't think it is even close. Romney has no chance against Obama.

Meh, I disagree.  Between the billyuns and billyuns the special interests are going to pour into 6 specific states, plus the concentrated effort to remove voters from rolls in swings states Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, the GOP will get back Der Weiss Haus from Der Schvartzenfuhrer.

Neil

There's still plenty of time for Obama to campaign.  It's only the end of May.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 09:55:58 AM

Meh, I disagree.  Between the billyuns and billyuns the special interests are going to pour into 6 specific states, plus the concentrated effort to remove voters from rolls in swings states Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, the GOP will get back Der Weiss Haus from Der Schvartzenfuhrer.

I'm not getting my hopes up.  At one point you seemed convinced Bachmann would become prez.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2012, 01:07:59 PM
At one point you seemed convinced Bachmann would become prez.

And for a couple of weeks, you were just as scared, too.  :P

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2012, 01:16:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2012, 01:07:59 PM
At one point you seemed convinced Bachmann would become prez.

And for a couple of weeks, you were just as scared, too.  :P

Nah, I told you guys from the beginning it's Mitt's turn.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney