Citizens United in getting Assraped: GOP PACs plan a record $1B+ election spree

Started by CountDeMoney, May 30, 2012, 07:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Yahoo!! Hang onto your asses this election! Both sides and their super pacs are going to blast your doors off with all the nasty assed campaign ads!!

DGuller

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 08:01:14 PM
Neil is right.  The Chamber of Commerce is an evil institution.  I remember they kept wanting the City to just give them money to entice business to come to Jefferson City.  When asked what kind of business they were enticing they said they couldn't say.  Secret contracts and such.
The whole thing is a scam.  They're more like gangsters or lobbyists than a proper business organization.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on May 30, 2012, 08:15:57 PM
Yahoo!! Hang onto your asses this election! Both sides and their super pacs are going to blast your doors off with all the nasty assed campaign ads!!

Yeah, Obama went negative a lot sooner than I expected.  Objectively, I think he's already starting to overplay that angle.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 09:15:12 PM
Yeah, Obama went negative a lot sooner than I expected.  Objectively, I think he's already starting to overplay that angle.

It's a winning hand.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 09:16:53 PM

It's a winning hand.

Not sure about that.  One could make the case that it's already backfiring.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

What, sit around and take the "high road", not respond to negative campaigning bankrolled by the most PAC money ever in presidential politics, waiting to be Willie Hortoned and Swiftboated?  Fuck that shit.  It's on.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 09:18:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 09:16:53 PM

It's a winning hand.

Not sure about that.  One could make the case that it's already backfiring.

One would, if one would prefer him to be a nice, juicy target that doesn't bite back.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 09:19:27 PM

What, sit around and take the "high road", not respond to negative campaigning bankrolled by the most PAC money ever in presidential politics, waiting to be Willie Hortoned and Swiftboated?  Fuck that shit.  It's on.

Fine, on it is.  But if I were an Obama supporter I'd be a little worried about how his campaign has been run thus far.  Being on the other side of course, I welcome it.

Re: the money, given what Obama did in 2008 I'm happy to see the chickens come home to roost.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 09:20:02 PM
One would, if one would prefer him to be a nice, juicy target that doesn't bite back.

No, I prefer him to do what he's doing so far :hug:

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 09:33:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 09:19:27 PM

Fine, on it is.  But if I were an Obama supporter I'd be a little worried about how his campaign has been run thus far.  Being on the other side of course, I welcome it.

Re: the money, given what Obama did in 2008 I'm happy to see the chickens come home to roost.
As his supporter, I'm worried about his tendency to bend over and ask politely, and in vain, for GOP to go easy on his rectum.

derspiess

Btw, why the hell aren't we hearing anything about the Wisconsin recall election these days?  :lol:

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 09:33:38 PM

It isn't as though had Obama taken public financing the republican attack machine would refrain from going into hyperdrive in 2012.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014