Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2012, 09:00:43 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 30, 2012, 08:45:58 PM
Abraham Lincoln did.
Wasn't he more rural?

Besides, he's tainted by some shitty movie.

The Young Mr. Lincoln was an excellent movie. :mad:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 08:54:50 PM
It was confirmed to be a fact-checking error, and that Obama wasn't aware of it.

Don't you think an agency like that would let their clients take a look at their bio before they are published?  Not a huge deal to me either way, but I'd have to think that someone as image-conscious as Obama would have seen that at some point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zoupa

Quote from: Berkut on May 30, 2012, 01:38:55 AM
That is rather disappointing. I am perfectly capable of recognizing that I am not always right, and have changed my mind on many occasions on Languish.

Yeah? Examples?

Jaron

Quote from: Zoupa on May 31, 2012, 12:59:41 AM
That is rather disappointing. I am perfectly capable of recognizing that I am not always right, and have changed my mind on many occasions on Languish.

Yeah? Examples?

Perhaps he will demonstrate by correcting himself and admitting he never changes his mind. I think the universe would blow up then. :D
Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

Yeah? Examples?

:face: CALL OUT
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on May 30, 2012, 08:18:11 PM
He was a Constitutional Law scholar.  Professionally.
True.  And I think he's smart, but I've never thought he was some sort of genius or that his smarts were a big reason to vote for him.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 31, 2012, 02:15:00 AM

Yeah? Examples?

:face: CALL OUT

I searched "sorry", "wrong" and "apologize". These were the only two that could be slightly characterized as somewhat apologetic. Most of the time, I've found that he uses "sorry" in a "I'm sorry that you are a dumb ass." :D

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,2682.msg134775/topicseen.html#msg134775
http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,2687.msg136067/topicseen.html#msg136067
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Yeah? Examples?
Went back and forth on who to vote for last time.

Recently just stated that I was giving up on every single Republican candidate in the race.

Those are two easy examples. If you want more, feel free to exercise the search button.

I will do the same, as soon as you, DG, Seedy, and say...Jacob all provide examples as well of changing your minds on some position on Languish.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Gups

They are examples of your own internal dialogue, not of changing your mind in response to an argument made by someone else.

Berkut

Quote from: Gups on May 31, 2012, 08:57:01 AM
They are examples of your own internal dialogue, not of changing your mind in response to an argument made by someone else.

Oh? You know why I change my mind, and what influences it better than I?

Again, I will be happy to do the work to search for some actual threads as long as others are willing to do the same. If the ability to change one mind is such an indicator of intellectual flexibility, then I am sure those accusing me of lacking the same will have examples of them doing so as well.

*I* know I've reversed my position on occasion, and said so - if Zoupa, of all people, doesn't believe me, I can probably live with that.

0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 08:39:12 AMI will do the same, as soon as you, DG, Seedy, and say...Jacob all provide examples as well of changing your minds on some position on Languish.

:lol:

I'm honoured to be included in your list. Maybe you should include Vinraith as well?

derspiess

Berkut definitely changed his mind on McCain, who had been his hero at one time.

I've seen him change his mind on other issues as more details develop, though unfortunately he usually changes it in the wrong direction :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Gups

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 09:05:18 AM

You are right. I made the silly assumption that you would decide who to vote for on a muliplicity of factors and not solely by reading posts on Languish. My bad.

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on May 31, 2012, 09:34:46 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 08:39:12 AMI will do the same, as soon as you, DG, Seedy, and say...Jacob all provide examples as well of changing your minds on some position on Languish.

:lol:

I'm honoured to be included in your list. Maybe you should include Vinraith as well?

I actually included you because I think you are an example of someone who everyone respects on both sides of the political divide...yet, I can't recall you specifically saying "You're right, I am changing my mind on this issue!" Which doesn't mean you don't change your mind, and that you are not flexible - just that it would be hard to come up with some kind of specific example on demand.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Gups on May 31, 2012, 09:38:09 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 09:05:18 AM

You are right. I made the silly assumption that you would decide who to vote for on a muliplicity of factors and not solely by reading posts on Languish. My bad.

It is not a binary issue. Of course I make decisions like that based on different factors. That will always be true though, on any issue. If someone wants an example of where I've changed my mind based on nothing but what I hear on Languish, I don't think I can come up with one, for that exact reason. Too much goes into any kind of choices like that. Languish is one of many inputs.

But the claim made was that I *never* change my mind, and am apparently somehow unusual in that respect compared to others on Languish who engage in these discussions. So my examples of me changing my mind are quite valid, even if they involve inputs from outside Languish.

0 rows returned