News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

I don't thihnk anyone claims you are an idealogue or party hack unable to come to independent views.

The question is whether, once you are in an argument, you are prepared to be swayed by someone arguing against you. My impression is that you are not, but that impression may well be outdated, since I don't really follow or get involved in these kind if disputes any more.

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 09:41:22 AMI actually included you because I think you are an example of someone who everyone respects on both sides of the political divide...yet, I can't recall you specifically saying "You're right, I am changing my mind on this issue!" Which doesn't mean you don't change your mind, and that you are not flexible - just that it would be hard to come up with some kind of specific example on demand.

Alright, fair enough... except maybe the one about people respecting me. This is languish, after all.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 09:41:22 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 31, 2012, 09:34:46 AM
:lol:

I'm honoured to be included in your list. Maybe you should include Vinraith as well?

I actually included you because I think you are an example of someone who everyone respects on both sides of the political divide...

Sorry, but I simply can't respect somebody who has better hair than I do.  And has banged more Asian chicks.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on May 31, 2012, 09:56:44 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2012, 09:41:22 AMI actually included you because I think you are an example of someone who everyone respects on both sides of the political divide...yet, I can't recall you specifically saying "You're right, I am changing my mind on this issue!" Which doesn't mean you don't change your mind, and that you are not flexible - just that it would be hard to come up with some kind of specific example on demand.

Alright, fair enough... except maybe the one about people respecting me. This is languish, after all.
I will always respect you, Jake, as long as you keep saying nice things about me.  :hug:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 31, 2012, 05:56:32 AM
True.  And I think he's smart, but I've never thought he was some sort of genius or that his smarts were a big reason to vote for him.

Scholar?  He taught a class.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 10:44:26 AM
Surely he was published if he was in an academic role?
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 31, 2012, 10:48:02 AM
That's a good question.  I can't think of anything written by Obama that was published.  :hmm:

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 31, 2012, 10:49:02 AM
That's a good question.  I can't think of anything written by Obama that was published.  :hmm:

Only thing I can think of is that blurb about being born in Kenya...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

I'm published. :smarty:

Don't know if nuclear physics counts when it comes to smarts though.  :blush:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

The only folks required to publish are tenure trackers.

Zoupa

Quote from: Gups on May 31, 2012, 09:52:38 AM
I don't thihnk anyone claims you are an idealogue or party hack unable to come to independent views.

The question is whether, once you are in an argument, you are prepared to be swayed by someone arguing against you. My impression is that you are not, but that impression may well be outdated, since I don't really follow or get involved in these kind if disputes any more.

Pretty much.

It doesn't really matter though. Keep doing you, Berk. Do take your BP meds when you go a 20 paragraph quoting frenzy though.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on May 31, 2012, 10:49:02 AM

:lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 10:56:41 AM

Oh okay.  Over here, at least in my uni, you needed to be published and to have a book contract before you were given an academic job.  In that case I'm back at my initial position on Obama as constitutional scholar.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 31, 2012, 11:59:51 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 31, 2012, 10:56:41 AM

Oh okay.  Over here, at least in my uni, you needed to be published and to have a book contract before you were given an academic job.  In that case I'm back at my initial position on Obama as constitutional scholar.

He was El Presidente of the Harvard Law Review, you know.  Not exactly brochure work.

Admiral Yi

Every law school has a law review and every law review has an editor.  Do we call them all Legal Scholars(tm)?