News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on May 24, 2012, 12:36:40 AM
People on Languish still argue with Berky?

I think I learned my lesson around 10 years ago. It's no use, camarade. Dude knows best and he won't change his mind, about anything, ever.

OTOH, he did help me out when I first logged on to WoW and showed me the way to Ironforge from the gnome starting area, so he can't be all bad.  :cool:
He does have a bat habit of ignoring things that disagree with him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 23, 2012, 08:01:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 23, 2012, 07:50:27 PM
Come on. In the USSR your family combined probably made less than an average janitor makes in the US. You came over here with a crappy Soviet education, probably barely speaking the language (and probably still speak it accented), and not long afterwards are an actuary probably making a lot more than a good old boy like OvB. How is this fair to a guy the advantages of a family with roots here, English as a first language, and an American education?

My wife is a surgeon, I wipe my ass with people like DGuller.

Ah, so you wife is the same category as Marty's mom or Fate.  I'm very sorry.  Is there anything we can do for you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on May 24, 2012, 12:42:53 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on May 24, 2012, 12:36:40 AM
People on Languish still argue with Berky?

I think I learned my lesson around 10 years ago. It's no use, camarade. Dude knows best and he won't change his mind, about anything, ever.

OTOH, he did help me out when I first logged on to WoW and showed me the way to Ironforge from the gnome starting area, so he can't be all bad.  :cool:
He's a good guy, and he is driven to win at anything he gets involved in.  Unfortunately, that's not the best trait to have when you get involved in debates.

Pot, meet kettle.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

I will admit that I don't change my mind based on the strength of arguments like those presented in this thread.

I consider that a feature though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

empirical evidence is no match for the ignore button.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 24, 2012, 12:42:53 AM
He's a good guy, and he is driven to win at anything he gets involved in.  Unfortunately, that's not the best trait to have when you get involved in debates.

Agree, and unfortunately he's not alone on the "win at all costs" thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Quote from: derspiess on May 24, 2012, 11:32:47 AM
Agree, and unfortunately he's not alone on the "win at all costs" thing.

Your mom
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2012, 11:48:36 AM
PDH won the internet.

With a counterattack that goes all the way back to Jerusalem 71AD, no less.

Crazy_Ivan80

maybe the birthers are just disappointed Morgan Freeman fans who hoped he would have been the first black president.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 24, 2012, 12:41:40 PM
maybe the birthers are just disappointed Morgan Freeman fans who hoped he would have been the first black president.

If they truly wanted a black President, then they should've made sure Dubya and Uncle Dicky shouldn't have sacrificed General Powell (2008 GOP nominee) at the United Nations in 2003.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Jaron on May 24, 2012, 12:38:03 AM
That was me, asshole.
Was not. You lure people into the Crypts and backstab them.
PDH!

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Siege on May 24, 2012, 05:13:56 PM
How did Languish become so liberal?

Probably because of the example you set.
PDH!