News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 23, 2012, 06:09:26 PM
DGuller being born abroad to an American citizen parent may have been natural born and thus eligible for the Presidency, depending on when he was born and the specifics of his birth.
Just to clarify, my parents become naturalized citizens on the same day I did.  However, the way grumbler phrased it did not disqualify me as a natural born citizen.  Actually, my parents wouldn't be disqualified either, because my grandparents were naturalized as well.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on May 23, 2012, 06:18:18 PM
How many of you came over?
Depends on how wide you cast the net.  Of my immediate family, 7.  If you count less immediate family, but at the level where we still know who the fuck we are, then it has to be about 25 in total.

Ed Anger

Sweet Jesus, Slav invasion.

Or Telefon II:Electric Bugaloo.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

So yes, Barack Obama at his time of birth when the law was different, would not have been a birthright American citizen if born in Kenya. Thus he would have had to go through naturalization and most likely would not be considered natural born. This is because his mother was just shy of her 19th birthday, and the law at the time said that American citizen mothers giving birth outside the United States only pass on birthright citizenship to their children if the mother has resided in the United States for a total of five years after reaching their 14th birthday. Given his mother's age at the time if she had given birth in Kenya she could not have satisfied the 5 year residency after age 14 requirement.

Well then, aren't we glad he was born in the State of Hawaii.  Whew.

Habsburg

CountDeMoney

Habsburg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 07:15:06 PM
Quote from: Habsburg on May 23, 2012, 07:13:05 PM
I'm a Scoop Jackson Democrat.

Scoop. :wub:  Save the trees, nuke the commies. :wub:

I should have really said Legend-Saint Henry "Scoop" Jackson.   :wub: :worthy:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 07:07:59 PM
So yes, Barack Obama at his time of birth when the law was different, would not have been a birthright American citizen if born in Kenya. Thus he would have had to go through naturalization and most likely would not be considered natural born. This is because his mother was just shy of her 19th birthday, and the law at the time said that American citizen mothers giving birth outside the United States only pass on birthright citizenship to their children if the mother has resided in the United States for a total of five years after reaching their 14th birthday. Given his mother's age at the time if she had given birth in Kenya she could not have satisfied the 5 year residency after age 14 requirement.

Well then, aren't we glad he was born in the State of Hawaii.  Whew.
:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 06:26:57 PM
Depends on how wide you cast the net.  Of my immediate family, 7.  If you count less immediate family, but at the level where we still know who the fuck we are, then it has to be about 25 in total.

That's a big problem with our immigration policies. It's relatively hard to get in, but one slavic piece of shit gets in and they can piggyback two dozen or more of their prole family along with them.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 23, 2012, 07:28:13 PM

That's a big problem with our immigration policies. It's relatively hard to get in, but one slavic piece of shit gets in and they can piggyback two dozen or more of their prole family along with them.
:yeahright: My family was hardly prole.  My grandmother's sister, who was the trailblazer into America, was a manager of the grocery store back in Soviet Union.  That was one of the most capitalist positions you could have in Soviet Union, since you got to sell every product that was actually in demand on the black market.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 07:39:08 PM

:yeahright: My family was hardly prole.  My grandmother's sister, who was the trailblazer into America, was a manager of the grocery store back in Soviet Union.  That was one of the most capitalist positions you could have in Soviet Union, since you got to sell every product that was actually in demand on the black market.

Come on. In the USSR your family combined probably made less than an average janitor makes in the US. You came over here with a crappy Soviet education, probably barely speaking the language (and probably still speak it accented), and not long afterwards are an actuary probably making a lot more than a good old boy like OvB. How is this fair to a guy the advantages of a family with roots here, English as a first language, and an American education?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Soviet education was pretty decent.  I don't think it encouraged much creativity and initiative though.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 23, 2012, 07:39:08 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 23, 2012, 07:28:13 PM

Heh, my family selling stuff in the black market as well.  Some still do I think.