News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz: Crippled.

Started by Razgovory, May 18, 2012, 03:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'm just a simple country doctor, but that sounds like sciatica.

Back pain.  check
Shoots down leg? check
Nut pain? check.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Have you considered offering a burnt sacrifice to your local dealer?
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2012, 07:26:15 PM
I'm just a simple country doctor, but that sounds like sciatica.

Back pain.  check
Shoots down leg? check
Nut pain? check.

I think you may be right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I feel a bit better today.  Today is the day my social worker comes, but I don't think I'll be going out.  On the plus side I've lost like 10 pounds.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Well, hurt like a bitch today.  I'm so tired of this. :(

Lucidor

Not to be all doctory but I'm assuming you're maxing the NSAIDs, like Diclofenac 150-200 mg a day, Naproxen 1000 mg or Ibuprofen 2400 mg a day?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lucidor on May 24, 2012, 04:08:44 PM
Ibuprofen 2400 mg a day?

Soooooooooooooooooooo not good for you, even though they recommend 800mg x 3, you really don't want to do that very long.

Darth Wagtaros

Just take lot's of antacids to compensate.
PDH!

Razgovory

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on May 25, 2012, 09:19:35 AM
MRI request denied by insurance.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0  Thanks guys.

Your doctor can override that with a medical necessity request.  They do it all the time.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2012, 09:20:29 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 25, 2012, 09:19:35 AM
MRI request denied by insurance.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0  Thanks guys.

Your doctor can override that with a medical necessity request.  They do it all the time.

He not a my family physician (I don't actually have one of those). He's the guy the hospital sent me to.  He said he would only see me once.  On account of insurance.  They said they've done all they can.  At least they let me listen to Conservative talk radio when they put me on hold.  Did you know that the National Debt was only 6 trillion when Obama took office?  Neither did I!

Brazen

Here, have some free NHS advice:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sciatica/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Until you can get a scan, stay active (lying down makes back pain worse), apply hot or cold, whichever feels more comfortable, alternate ibuprofen with paracetamol to avoid killing your liver.

Razgovory

Quote from: Brazen on May 25, 2012, 09:35:20 AM
Here, have some free NHS advice:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sciatica/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Until you can get a scan, stay active (lying down makes back pain worse), apply hot or cold, whichever feels more comfortable, alternate ibuprofen with paracetamol to avoid killing your liver.

I can't actually walk with out a cane and heavy medication.  And even then I can't walk very far.  I wouldn't be able to get the the test for at least four more weeks.  My meds run out Monday.

Only option left is to go back to the hospital (since they can't refuse me, and see if I can get a referral to a pain management place (they won't take me without a referal).  The pain joint will only see me in June, but it's the only shot I have.  Perhaps at least the hospital will refill my meds if I show up.

CountDeMoney

Heating Pad, $24.99, Rite Aid.

Razgovory