News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz: Crippled.

Started by Razgovory, May 18, 2012, 03:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

There is something wrong with my back.  I can barely move.  Some of you may have noticed this from other threads.  I decided that instead of polluting other threads with my bitching I would put it all in one thread.  That way, the more heartless amongst you can safely ignore it, and I still can pain-post till I recover or die.  Currently taking 750 mg of Robaxin twice ever six hours and 350 mg of Oxycontin twice every four hours.  It has little effect.  I can somewhat hobble around my house with a cane, but it's slow and I fall down a lot.  I do get a little dizzy though and sometimes sleepy, though getting up after having slept for a some time is extremely hard.  All my muscles contract and it's very difficult to move like that.  The doc thinks it's just a strained or torn muscle and will heal itself (which is much better news then a damaged spine).  I will keep Languish posted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

I think that's a pretty hefty dose of oxy.

I'd try and get off that shit as soon as possible if you can.  Stick with the robax of course.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Yeah, I don't even always take the Oxy.  It doesn't do much.  At least not for the pain.  I have a very high tolerance for the medications.  Don't feel them, don't become addicted, don't even become stoned.  I really surprised the docs in the hospital with the drugs they pumped into me on the IV.  They put three times the normal dose before I could walk ( or stumble around at least).  The nurse looked at me a bit shocked and said that dosage normally floors people.  10 years in and out of mental hospitals gives me an impressive resistance to drugs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lucidor

Still - 350 x 6 = 2 grammes of oxycontin. Very few docs over here would prescribe even a tenth of that dose to someone your age.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lucidor on May 18, 2012, 04:29:03 PM
Still - 350 x 6 = 2 grammes of oxycontin. Very few docs over here would prescribe even a tenth of that dose to someone your age.

Looking at the bottle, I think it's mixed with something else.  Looks like Tylenol.  My age?  I'm 30.

The Minsky Moment

Is Raz: Newt Gringrich's not-quite-so-evil twin?

Evidence:
1.  Girth
2.  Heavy Oxycontin usage
3.  Difficulty relating to human beings
4.  Strong views on political matters expressed in logically confused fashion.
5.  Makes people put them on ignore.
6.  Newt is severely narcissistic; Raz swings the other way towards self-loathing

Hmm . . .

Serious, Raz, I hope you feel better soon.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

I'm not a doctor, but isn't Oxycontin typically undiluted?  I know Vicodin has Tylenol mixed in to prevent abusers from remaining alive, but I thought that Oxy was always pure.

mongers

Raz, I hope you get better soon.  :hug:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 18, 2012, 05:02:00 PM
Is Raz: Newt Gringrich's not-quite-so-evil twin?

Evidence:
1.  Girth
2.  Heavy Oxycontin usage
3.  Difficulty relating to human beings
4.  Strong views on political matters expressed in logically confused fashion.
5.  Makes people put them on ignore.
6.  Newt is severely narcissistic; Raz swings the other way towards self-loathing

Hmm . . .

Serious, Raz, I hope you feel better soon.

I actually respect Gingrich.  He's really quite clever.  He's insane and unpleasant, but he's clever.  He should stick to teaching.  Also he has a better luck with the ladies.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 18, 2012, 05:12:31 PM
I'm not a doctor, but isn't Oxycontin typically undiluted?  I know Vicodin has Tylenol mixed in to prevent abusers from remaining alive, but I thought that Oxy was always pure.

I don't really know.  Drugs aren't my bag.  Just the stuff doctors give me.  Beyond that, I'm clean.  Avoid the stuff like the plague.

Oh and I had some really tasty blueberries on Thursday.  They cam with some pancakes.  Madison Wisconsin is a really nice town, I wish either I lived there or my sister and her daughter lived closer to Jefferson City.  My niece is pure wonderful.

Darth Wagtaros

Good luck man.  That's the worst. 
PDH!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Scipio

Go to the witch doctor, and hear what he said.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

merithyn

I highly recommend a heating pad. Helps when my back goes out, anyway.

Take care, Raz. Hope it gets better soon. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...