Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#43: 1 / Experienced Pilot [RESPONSE]

Message from France:
Raise a mercenary in Lyons.

Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#57: 4 / Irish Rebellion

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4CP

2/4 : Two Mercs raised in Frankfurt
4/4 : Schwendi, Zrinyi, and 7r6m from Frankfurt to Besançon.

garbon

Quote#49: 4 / Conquest of the Philippines

Message from Protestants:
1-2/4 Preaching a sermon in France
La Rochelle converts and falls into unrest.

3/4 - Unrest removed from Rouen
4/4 - 1 merc built in Rouen
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Damn, forgot to update # of Protestant spaces in CB.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Jeromey, can I get an answer before I move?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I will play it when it is convenient for me.  At the moment, I am somewhat preoccupied with a pending invasion by Germans and with a rebellion by Garbon who you will notice is probably going to end the turn at around 22-23 VPs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

At least, assuming he doesn't win outright.  He seems rather unconcerned about the English.  Then again, same goes for Drakken, since he seems to think Irish Rebellion can't possibly hurt the English.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Does that mean you will be playing it this turn?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Let's be real. With the amount of death waiting to be rained down upon the Netherlands, there's very little chance of me ending up with that many VPs - let alone winning out right.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 24, 2012, 10:50:59 PM
Then again, same goes for Drakken, since he seems to think Irish Rebellion can't possibly hurt the English.

I'll grant you though that this is true. I tried get Drakken to handle that last turn around but he said that'd be of no use to him.

Tamas

Funded a scientist. The lousy one.

File sent. Off to Berkut

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#26: 2 / Il Piccolo Soccorso

Message from Spain:
Place Informant in England

Spend Draw Card treasure to draw another card.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Drake moves to the Spanish Main and successfully pirates another 2 VP.

Berkut

Almost certainly the game there.

0 rows returned