News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh and I'm really glad to see the card I gave you. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2012, 07:21:16 PM
Careful, H.

Also, what happened with Spain? Shouldn't the Dutch revolt have given them a VP?

It did; they lost a VP due to the fall of Brussels.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 10, 2012, 07:27:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2012, 07:21:16 PM
Careful, H.

Also, what happened with Spain? Shouldn't the Dutch revolt have given them a VP?

It did; they lost a VP due to the fall of Brussels.

Which I had taken away when I took Brussels. They'd had 16 before I took one, so I'd think they'd be back at 16 when the got the Dutch Revolt vp.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I'm not at a map any more, but I counted their VPs pretty carefully; you can check pretty quickly.  Bonus VPs + keys + DR VP + reiligous.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Alright, I guess ACTS had just be incorrect before my turn. :)

Drakken

Alright, kid gloves are off. I'm gonna level Belgrade and raze it to the ground.

13 dices vs. 9.

No CC on my part. Can Tamas play CCs as Response even when his Impulse is skipped?

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#79: 3 / Synod of Emden

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
3 CP :
2/3 - 2 Mercs in Szigetvar
3/3 - Schwendi,Zrinyi,6r6m from Szigetvar to Belgrade.

Drakken

If the go-ahead is given, I'll roll the dice this time.

Habbaku

CCs aren't response cards Drakken.   They're combat cards. He may play either despite his impulse being skipped.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 10, 2012, 09:22:36 PM
CCs aren't response cards Drakken.   They're combat cards. He may play either despite his impulse being skipped.

Allright, I'll leave him some time to let him use CCs, unless someone in the know indicates that he can't/won't.

Habbaku

I think it's safe to assume he isn't going to play one.  He played one in the last battle and would likely have piled on if he had two.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Ottomans' lucky streak continues on. Despite superior odds and nothing less than 5 "4"s rolled, Imperials score a mere 2 hits against 2 Ottomans. It's a tie.

HRE loses the 2 mercs raised before, Ottomans loses 2 Regs.

File sent.

Habbaku

Looks a lot like the historical Long War to me.

Off to Garbon.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

At a map and such now, so I can answer Ulmont's off-Languish question :

Quote#83: 2 / Dutch Revolt [MANDATORY]

Message from England:
Ok...it looks to me like there are 8 Spanish political control spaces in the Netherlands, but let me know if Groningen and Zutphen should be counted (doesn't matter for this event, but would be nice to know).

Drake to Guinea Coast, dragging a colony.

I count the Spanish as having 10 politically-controlled spaces; Zutphen and Groningen are counted for this.  Interestingly, it also means that the independent space of Liege would count for purposes of this card, giving the Spanish a small incentive to capture it early in the game.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote#82: 2 / Death of King Sebastian [MANDATORY]

Message from Protestants:
Portugal enters play

2 CP for Le Clerc in North Atlantic with colony

Off to Tamas