And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2012, 03:17:13 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 06, 2012, 03:15:51 PM
Besides, I'm the only one here who actually puts his selected Home Card on his Power Card on CB, so that everyone can see what Home Card I play.

That's because, until now with the death of Suleiman, you were the only one who actually had an option on which home card they were going to play for that turn.  :rolleyes:

:D

Alright taking my impulse shortly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 06, 2012, 03:15:51 PM
I checked on ACTS, and nowhere was it mentioned that "The Spanish Road" was played, so much that I almost asked what exactly was Berk's card so I could check about it.

:rolleyes:

You need to pay closer attention, then. 

QuoteOttoman: from Both to Both
Spain: from Yes to Yes
England: from Yes to Yes
France: from No to Yes
Holy Roman Empire: from Yes to Yes
Protestants: from Yes to Yes
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Actually, Berkut is up to correct his (unposted) treasure play.  He is attempting to do what he told Drakken he could not do (use a treasure for the same type of action as his card-play), and that is a no-no.

Feel free to make your play, though, Garbon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

OK, undo that play then of the extra CP. We can do that later.

For some reason I thought control was separate from move.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote#58: 4 / Jeanne of Navarre [RESPONSE]

Message from Protestants:
Foolish Jeanne ignores Catherine's sage advice and makes a bold declaration of her Calvinist faith. 2 Huguenot regulars in Rouen which flips to Protestant control. 1 Huguenot regular in Bayonne which flips to Protestant control.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

No file from Garbon, nor any indication that he is or isn't sending one...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

It's really quite simple, folks :

Step 1 : Do your move in ACTS.
Step 2 : Create a file in CB.
Step 3 : Send the file to everyone else via e-mail (taking steps to ensure that they were sent to everyone and not just a single address; this means you, Tamas).
Step 4 : Make a post on Languish.

If you do not have time for, say, step 2 or 3, then skip to step 4 and say as much.  Or say as much at step 1 and skip the rest entirely.  But at least let us know what is going on.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

#66: 5 / Sea Beggars

Message from Spain:
1/5: Control Szegedin
3/5: Move to Nicopolis
4/5: Control Nicopolis
5/5: Move to Istanbul

0 rows returned

Berkut

No time for file, but I suspect Tamas might want to react.

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2012, 04:16:21 PM
It's really quite simple, folks :

Step 1 : Do your move in ACTS.
Step 2 : Create a file in CB.
Step 3 : Send the file to everyone else via e-mail (taking steps to ensure that they were sent to everyone and not just a single address; this means you, Tamas).
Step 4 : Make a post on Languish.

If you do not have time for, say, step 2 or 3, then skip to step 4 and say as much.  Or say as much at step 1 and skip the rest entirely.  But at least let us know what is going on.

Sure I can do that although to be honest, this is the first time I've gotten a chance to take play from work since the start of the game, so it didn't even occur to me

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 06, 2012, 04:20:25 PM
No time for file, but I suspect Tamas might want to react.

No I don't. I will pass out the turn.

Thanks Drakken :P

Habbaku

I made a file including the new Spanish move and, now, my own move.

Since Garbon decided to reignite the war in France, we have no choice but to oppress more Huguenots :

Quote#53: 4 / Grand Tour

Message from France:
For CPs :

1/4 - Raise a mercenary in Boulogne.
2/4 - Remove unrest in Calais.
3-4/4 - Suppress heresy in France.

The suppression was immensely successful - Nantes, La Rochelle and Calais have all returned to the fold.

I'm out of cards, Drakken and Garbon are out of cards, Ulmont is still passing the turn out (though if he has any anti-Spanish cards to help the Ottomans, now's the time I would think)...

Off to Tamas.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I already told I'll pass out the turn.