And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

I think England's prepared as well.

Habbaku

Ditto for France barring any last-second deals from the HRE.

Since that leaves us with a quorum, though, I think Tamas is good to start announcements.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Since neither France nor England desires to use my mercs as cannon fodder, I'm ready to announce. :cry:

garbon

Sent out a move file that fixed the missing at war markers (Protty-France, Protty-Spain).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Alrigh then.

The only announcement I have is, in the interest of Europe of course, a desperate cry for peace and non-agression toward the HRE: an offer of alliance.

Berkut

Hapsburgs make the following offers:

1. Offer two treasure draws to the HRE
2. Offer alliance to the HRE
3. Offer to take 4 mercs from the HRE for future consideration.
4. Offer an alliance and a merc to France in exchange for the loan of a squadron.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

England offers:

1 card, 1 merc, Darnley to marry Mary, and peace to France in exchange for peace and Mary to marry Darnley.  Package deal.

Habbaku

France agrees to the both the English and the Spanish offers.  -1 mercenary from Edinburgh and Milan, +2 mercenaries in Paris.

Mary and Darnley's marriage is resolved immediately.  +2 Scottish influence for both England and France.

The marriage, alas, turns up empty--no bonuses.

Off to Ulmont to fork over a card.  Off to Drakken to confirm any deals.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

No diplomatic deal announced, no offer accepted or proposed for HRE.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on May 30, 2012, 11:05:35 AM
No diplomatic deal announced, no offer accepted or proposed for HRE.

So, you're not taking two treasures from Spain?  :huh:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

They probably have smallpox smeared on them.

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 30, 2012, 11:10:40 AM

He already owes them to me for last Turn's Mercenaries and "Leader Falls Ill" Card, so I expect payment anyway.

No payment, no mercs.

Berkut

Quote from: Drakken on May 30, 2012, 11:28:26 AM

He already owes them to me for last Turn's Mercenaries and Card.

Right. This is me trying to pay them to you. I owed you one for the mercs last turn, and one for the card we agreed on. Hence my first "offer" of two treasures draws.

Each offer is made separately - you accept them individually. Offer #1 is simply me offering to give you two treasures in return for nothing (actually in return for what you've already given me).

And offering you some more next turn (I cannot give more than two treasures in one turn) for those 4 mercs that are just going to disappear anyway, since nobody else made an offer for them (you could offer them to the Prots yourself, although that would be rather alarming). This is offer #2. I cannot offer to pay for them this turn because I cannot give you more than 1 treasure per turn, and cannot risk a card draw with my incredible "lets screw Tamas" hand.

Plus a nice alliance! Aren't alliances nice?

But again, each of this is a separate "offer".

0 rows returned

Habbaku

So, you expect payment, but won't accept payment?

Someone else want to take a stab at figuring Drakken out this time?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Drakken on May 30, 2012, 11:28:26 AM

He already owes them to me for last Turn's Mercenaries and "Leader Falls Ill" Card, so I expect payment anyway.

No payment, no mercs.

Drakken.

Accept offer #1. This is your payment for the deal you are mentioning. It is me giving you something - there is no reason you would ever say no.

Offer #2 is up to you, as I stated in my email. I cannot pay you for those 4 mercs, but am willing to make the same deal we made last turn for them - ie, I will give you a draw next turn for them. Since you don't have any other offers for those mercs, you will just lose them anyway. A draw next turn is certainly better than nothing, right? But that is up to you.

Offer #3 is for an alliance, as we kind of discussed. You can accept or decline that one however you like.

0 rows returned